06

The sun shines bright into my face, a sign for me to wake up and get ready for school. Doing my usual morning routine, I quickly freshen up and throw on a white t-shirt and some jeans. I brush my hair into a sleek ponytail, grab my bag, and make my way downstairs, where I'm greeted with my mom.

" Hey honey!" she chirps. 

"Hey mom. Do you think you could get me a ride to school?" I ask grabbing an apple.

"Um, sure honey. I have time." She says shooting me a bright smile.

"Thanks." I say before sliding on my red chucks and grab my house key.

We both walk out of the house and to her car. Getting in, she starts the car and drives out of the driveway. The car ride was silent besides the soft music playing on the radio. Stopping at a red light, I notice my mom continue to look at me. 

" Yes mom?" I say quirking my eyebrow at her as I turn to face her.

" Nothing. You just look like you're glowing. You seem more happier than usual." she says pulling down the sun visor mirror and applying some red lipstick.

"Thanks." I say smiling to myself.

As soon as she noticed my smile, she chuckled a little.

"Is it a boy? You know you can talk to me Aiden." she says putting the sun visor back up.

I was never uncomfortable with talking to mother about certain topics, and honestly I've never felt this way towards a boy in awhile. It's a bit of a refresher. The light turns green and she lightly steps on the gas. 

"Yeah, it's a boy. His name's Dylan." I say fiddling with my fingers.

"Oooh, tell me about him." she says.

"He's tall, he has brown hair and brown eyes. He's really cute and he's super sweet towards me. But I don't know if I fully like him yet." I say looking out the window.

"Well, what do you feel when you hang around him?" She asks quickly glancing at me then back the road. 

"I get butterflies in my stomach whenever I'm around him. I enjoy being around him." I say nodding my head.

I talked on and on about him while she listened. I guess I talked about him so much, that by the time I finished my final sentence, we pulled up to the school. She puts her hand on my knee and lightly squeezes it.

"Well, from what it sounds like honey, if you like him and he likes you, you guys should try to work something out. But keep it PG-13." she says sternly but jokingly.

"Okay mom." I laugh rolling my eyes. 

Walking into the school, I walk to my locker and my eyes fix on Dylan, noticing him almost instantly. He was on his phone, but as soon as he saw me, he put it away and shoved his hands in his pockets. He shot me a smile and of course, I shot him one back. 

"Hey." he said leaning on the locker next to mine.

"Hey." I said opening my locker and gathering my things. 

"I was actually just about to text you. I didn't get a text from you this morning." he said.

"Yeah, I was rushing a bit. My mom drove me to school today." I said shutting my locker.

We walk down the hallway just talking until I see Kian. I roll my eyes and look away from him and focus on the conversation Dylan and I were having. 

"You don't have ceramics." I say lightly chuckling. 

"I know. I just wanted to walk with you. And ask you a question." he said. 

"What's up?" I said clutching my books.