Chapter 4-Forgotten parts

Over the years, many things happened. And one was evil and good. People turned dark and others turned good. But there's apparently no in-between. Why? Nobody knows. Alissa disagrees. Everyone has good and bad. It's just what you chose on that takes over but there's always at least a drop of the opposite side still fighting for justice. Alissa doesn't know about herself. She's different from everyone she's ever met. Nobody has a stupid bracelet that tightens more every hour she doesn't type in her pattern. The pattern doesn't work now. So what does she do whilst she waits for Moll and Oak to come back? She taps her bracelet, trying to find the code. Oak decided to talk to one at a time so he could get round to most of their questions. Alissa couldn't care less that she has to wait. It gives her time to try and loosen the bracelet.
'I have an idea! Maybe if we get the chickens to peck at it, it'll break and fall off!' Siddy suggested.
Alissa shrugged, willing to try anything and walked over to the chickens. She placed her wrist in front of one, and it pecked away. Maybe if the breaking plan doesn't work they'll at least find the code. That didn't work. She sat there for what felt like hours tapping her bracelet with Amethyst's head in her lap. Before she knew it, Moll and Oak were back. Moll looked nervous and Oak just looked...like he finally got something off his chest, which he technically did. He nodded at her when she looked at him so she carefully slid out from underneath Amethyst and stood up, walking towards him. They headed towards the forest and walked. They walked in silence for about 5 minutes before Oak spoke up.
'So I guess it's time I begin.'
Alissa nodded. She walked along a log, stretching her arms out to help her balance.
'Our camp has roles, for example, mine as head of the camp, Cinderella Bull's as Dukkerer, our fortune teller, Mooshie as the Keeper of Songs and Lavinia Codona as our Charmer. There are two more roles in our camp, Moll filling one of those. As I've heard people say, you are part of our camp now. And you fill the last role.'
'What is it?' Alissa said curiously.
'Protector of Charms.'
Alissa nodded expectantly, so he continued. 'There are many different types of Charms. Protection charms and crystal charms, as two of them. Now, you, our Protector of Charms, needs to protect them all from dark curses/spells. There's one way to do this. Wherever the Protector goes, if there is a dark curse, they tap  pattern on a special charm bracelet.' Alissa looked down and the charm bracelet on her wrist. 'When they do this, everything that was effected by this curse goes back to its original, untouched state. The main problem is, this bracelet can cause issues. It tightens, the reason behind this, nobody knows. But when it tightens it cuts off blood circulation which could eventually cause the hands to stop working unless they tap in the special pattern. If your hands feel colder this is a sign that it's getting worse. But you still have plenty of time to work out a code. The main problem is, the code was forgotten, lost. The original protector was the only one who knows the code. But they went missing. They left with someone's baby. And the Elders, including me and Mooshie, have a feeling that you are that baby. Your home is here.' Alissa stared at Oak in shock.
'What happens if I don't protect the world from the dark curses?'
'The old magic dies.' Oak stated.
'But how do I work out the code?'
'Find the original Protector of Charms.' Alissa's hands became clammy. How could she handle the responsibilities.

A girl stolen at young,
Must protect the land with a special charm,
Tap in a pattern on her wrist,
To protect the old magic as we wish.

'Who were the parents of the baby, or me?' Alissa asked.
'You mean are? The parents are Lavinia Codona and Danior Codona. Though Danior left to search for you and never came back...' Oak stated the end sadly, as if he lost a great friend, which he possibly did.
'Lavinia is my mother? I met her earlier.' Alissa stated in a small trance.
Oak nodded.
'Are you ready to head back?' He asked. Alissa nodded. On the way back, nobody spoke, Oak didn't speak so Alissa could let it sink in.
'What was my original name?' Alissa asked.
'Vadoma. It means to know.' Oak said.
'Vandoma...Van-Doma...I like it.'
Whilst she was walking back everything sunk in. The worst one was...she'd likely never see Alfie again. Her eyes glazed over when she realised this, though she didn't let her tears trickle down her cheeks. Oak noticed this and stretched his arms out. Alissa looked at him confused, but he just pulled her in for a hug. She gratefully took it, though she was confused. Nobody ever hugged her. Not even Alfie.
They made it to the edge of camp and her eyes landed on her mother. Lavinia ran up to her and hugged her. This was the one time she actually cried in front of people. She had her mother. That's all she needed.
'Hi honey.' Her mother said with watery eyes.
'Hi ma.' Alissa replied quietly.
They hugged once more before walking back to the fire-pit.

𝗦𝗵𝗼𝗿𝘁 𝗼𝗻𝗲 𝘁𝗼𝗱𝗮𝘆 𝗯𝘂𝘁 𝗻𝗲𝘅𝘁 𝗼𝗻𝗲 𝘄𝗶𝗹𝗹 𝗯𝗲 𝗵𝗼𝗽𝗲𝗳𝘂𝗹𝗹𝘆 𝗹𝗼𝗻𝗴𝗲𝗿!

910 𝘄𝗼𝗿𝗱𝘀