Chapter 5-Told Stories

Alissa hugged her ma one last time before following after Siddy. She was pretty sure we'd be talking about our roles. She was still confused on how she'd work out the pattern but all would be clear soon...hopefully. Suddenly it all hit her. The responsibility. Her father missing. Skull wanting her, Moll and Gryff. Someone taking her when she was a baby. She clutched a tree as a wave of nausea hit her. She let Siddy walk on saying she was fine, she didn't believe her but walked on anyways. Amethyst trotted up to her and sat down. She dropped a mouse in front of her. Alissa laughed while shaking her head. Alissa stood up and walked into the forest, not knowing where she was going. She just needed to clear her mind. Alissa already understood Moll's role because Oak told her. She climbed into the highest tree possible and sat on a branch. It was only then, when she was sure nobody could see her, that she let her tears fall. Sure it was great, she had her Ma and finally knew who she was. But she wasn't ready for this, she had been betrayed by Alfie. He had let her get her cover blown and for what, to tell Skull about a girl who he didn't even know.
'So stupid.' She muttered under her breath with a dry chuckle. She threw a rock into a tree making all the birds fly together into the sky and circle before diving down finding a new place to go. Amethyst made a leap and finally got to the branch Alissa was on. Lucky for them, it was a strong branch and didn't even wobble. Alissa just sobbed into Amethyst's fur before gathering and beginning to climb down. Half way down, she saw a shine in a tree. The only problem was, it was outside the barrier(river). She bit her lip and said, 'screw it.' She jumped on the rocks and ran to the tree. It was an arrow. The weird thing was, it was Alfie's. She knew because he carved his name in it. She walked on looking for anything else with her eyebrows furrowed. She then gasped. There was a small piece of fabric from his shirt on the tree. She ran to it as fast as possible, with Amethyst cautiously following. There was a note beside it. 'Alissa, where are you? I'm sorry I did that. I wasn't thinking. Please just come back. If this is someone else...well...go away.' Alissa smiled before her eyes filled up with tears. She had no reason to blame him. He was raised by people who did wrong. It's not his fault. Yes she was too but she was always running away. She began to head back but screamed loudly, when she tripped on a trip wire. She followed it with her eyes and saw a bell beside...Skull's camp. She ran as fast as possible back to the barrier. She leaped over the whole river but screamed when someone grabbed her coat and tried to tug her back. Amethyst grabbed her boot snarling at whoever grasped her coat. She quickly punched them, making them loose their grasp and Amethyst tugged her back onto the other side before they ran for it. They stood in the middle of a bunch of trees shaking with fear before she realised...she had no idea where she was. Luckily, she had Amethyst who led her back with no problem. She ran straight to her mother and pulled her into a hug. She was still shaking.
'What happened?' Siddy asked looking at her nervously.
'I-I walked off to think and I saw something shiny and it was on the other side of the barrier but I wanted to know what it was. I crossed the barrier and it was one of my friends arrows so I continued looking and found a piece of his shirt,' she left out the letter, 'I headed back and tripped over a wire it had a bell on the other end and alerted Skull and his camp. So we ran and just as I got to the-' she winced loudly. Her bracelet started tightening more and more every time she took a breath. 'Ow ow ow!' She repeated clutching her wrist. She gasped. A charm was missing.
'Are you okay?!' Moll shouted.
'My bracelet! It's really tight and a charms missing! He must have grabbed it!' She sat on the floor cradling her wrist whilst Mooshie ran to get something. She took some cream and placed it around the edge of the bracelet. Mooshie calmly said, 'it should numb the pain for now.'
It helped but what would happen when it hurt again. She couldn't use the cream forever. She needed that charm. And she was getting it back.

𝗦𝗼𝗿𝗿𝘆 𝗮 𝘀𝗵𝗼𝗿𝘁 𝗼𝗻𝗲 𝗮𝗴𝗮𝗶𝗻! 𝗯𝘂𝘁 𝗶𝗺 𝘁𝗿𝘆𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝘁𝗼 𝘂𝗽𝗱𝗮𝘁𝗲 𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗿𝘆𝗱𝗮𝘆! 𝗯𝘆𝗲 𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗿𝗺𝘀!