My little cutie pie

(Tommy's P.O.V.)
I tightly held Roe in my arms and tried calming myself with heavy breathes. I had to tell myself that she was still safe and okay. "Im sorry" Roe softly said into my neck. I put my hand against her head and kissed her cheek "It's okay, baby". I saw Polly walk up to me and I nodded for her to take Roe over from me. But my little baby clung onto me even tighter. I could feel her shake and shiver in fear. She had even wrapped her legs around my torso to clung even tighter onto me. She didnt want to let go of me, because the explosion and me getting angry at her for not listening to me, scared her. My heart broke knowing she was so scared and just wanted me to hold her. But my anger was still high. It was because I wanted to hurt the bastard who meant harm to my child. "Come on, Roe" Polly said reaching for her, "no" Roe whispered and hid her face. I pulled her from me and handed her to my aunt. "No daddy!" She screamed and I watched tears began to stream down her face. "We'll be fine, Tommy. Now take care of that bastard" Polly said as she calmed down my daughter. I nodded and looked over to my brothers. As we all walked away from Polly and Roelynn. I could still hear my baby call out for me. But when we where far away, I just had to look back. I sighed a peacefull sigh when I saw Polly walk away with a sleeping Roe in ger arms.

Me and my brothers had given up the chase for the owner of the two clydesdales after a couple of hours. When I had ran up to Roe, the man had dissapeared. So we all went home, but first I had to get Roe from aunt Poll's house. I stepped inside and saw Polly raise a finger to her mouth, telling me to be silent. I saw that Roe was sleeping against Poll. She motioned for me to come and get Roelynn. I walked over and carefully picked up Roe from the couch. I saw her eyes flutter open. "Daddy" she whispered and snuggled further into me and fell right back asleep. I said goodbye to Poll and left for my house. As I walked through the streets, I smiled because I could hear Roe making soft sleeping noises like little snores, babbling nonsence and other kind of noises. We arrived home and I unlocked the door and pushed it open with one hand. I closed the door with my foot. I felt Roe stretch in my arms and I looked down with a smile as she smacked her lips before going back to sleep. I walked upstairs and put her to bed before going to my bed. But I never fell asleep peacefully, I kept tossing and turning. My gut told me something was wrong. So I got up and went to Roe's room. I opened the door and saw her sitting on her bed. She looked at me and I immediatly saw the fear in her eyes and her lips quivered. I watched her eyes move to the side of me with a warning. Before I could react I felt a hand on my shoulder.

(Roelynn's P.O.V.)
I watched the scary men hold daddy exactly where he stood. "Daddy" I called out for him and got up to go to him. "Stay there!" One of the men screamed at me and pointed a gun at me. I froze to the spot and looked at dad. "Its okay. Just stay there. You're going to be fine" daddy told me with a reasuring voice. I nodded my head and did as I was told and just watched dad interact with the scary men. He stood back up straight and held a very different posture than the one he had talking with me. "What can I do for you?" He asked the men, while keeping his eyes on me. The men didnt say anything but grabbed a potato sack. "You're going to be fine" daddy whispered to me. Before the man put the sack over his head

"Call her over" the man said after stepping back

"Call her over" the man said after stepping back. "Roe" as quick as my name was called I stood in front of daddy and I grabbed a hold of his trousers. Soon enough I was picked up by one of the men and placed in daddy's arms. He protectively wrapped his arms around me as he was guided out of our house.

(Tommy's P.O.V.)
I didnt know where we were being taken. But atleast I knew Roe was somewhat safe. I was going to make sure she was as safe as I could make her and that was thankfully very close in my arms.

It took some time but eventually the awfull smelling potato sack was pulled from my head. I needed to blink a couple of time so my eyes would adjust to the lighting. Immediatly I looked down in my arms to see Roe. No scratches, no bruises or marks. She looked completely fine, just scared. I followed her eyes and spotted a man. "Good afternoon, Mr Shelby" he said to me and then looked towards Roe "and hello again. My little cutie pie".

Published: 18th of june 2021