IV - Steve Grows Up

Of course, one of circular goggles still remembered that John forgot his birthday on purpose, but there was one thing that was different: a special surprise safely concealed before the day, which meant that John would never forget his birthday. The first time he prepared a gift before Steve's anniversary of discharge from what used to be, dark and enveloped from a biological maternal carrier. Now what's left was to be creative in celebrating. Nah, it's still next day so why worry.

Commence the sunrise as good shining rays greet part of the world to a new day, as night departures to disseminate to others. As always, John was a deep sleeper who seem unbothered by what's happening outside. As 6 'o clock caved at the crack of dawn, Steve was up, not forgetting the fact that he was asleep with John, on the same room, on the same bed. Pretty gay, but it doesn't matter anyway. A few stretches and rolls performed slightly making sure his Captain remains in slumber at peace.

"Top of the mornin', Sahara." He muttered as he got out of bed after a glimpse of the sky to a trip to the showers. His usual routine I guess. What was different was that he was partially curious of his Captain's surroundings. Maybe he might find some cool stuff or might be the same thing all over again, after all, they barely have much in this war.

Unusual was that there was a nearby mini fridge in the corner of his eye that seem to get his full attention. He hasn't seen that thing at all. 'Where did he get that anyway...' Steve thought to himself as he went to its direction to take a peek. 'Looks new... I hope there's drinks. My throat's a desert.'

As he opened the fridge, there was none, other than a small box. Now what would Captain do with it was what he asked himself, until he got the answers. He's crying.

Inside the box was a small round pink cake, it was pretty... WITH HIS FACE ON IT. 'Cap'n did you just fucking bought me this. I didn't know my satirical statement would come true... Man I love you so much...'

Unexpectedly, John woke up from his sleep, almost having a stroke as he found Steve near his fridge, with his surprise birthday cake. Of course, the celebrant got scared, but altered to an episode of joyful tears.

"Cap'n, t-t-thank you so goddamn much! I thought you forgot about my birthday! ON PURPOSE!"

Steve sobbed as he rushed to hug his man. "This was the first time I actually thought of a gift in advance." He then rubbed Steve's back and gave a pat, "You can thank me later. Happy birthday, champ!"

"I-I-I" Steve wanted to say something, but hesitant. "You can tell me anything. Afterall, it's your birthday."

"Well..."

"C'mon, it's not like I'm conservative."

"Umm.. what if I told you I loved you..." his face was pure red, really red.

"You have guts to tell me that fast..."

"...what???"

"Oh that's nothing. I was gonna say that too you know. But looks like someone said it for me." John smiles as his lips touched Steve's. A moment was short for these two as Steve pulled out immediately, catching breath, flushed. "That was so... gay..."

"And we are, don't you think sweetie?"

"Duh."