Chapter 2 - It's just High school

Chaewon's pov:

"Unnie!" There. I saw her, the most beautiful and kind hearted girl that every existed, well in my opinion.

I'm guessing she's going to scold me for not telling her that I left for a few weeks.

"Hi Min!" I waved and smiled back as she got closer.

She wrapped her arms around my neck, leaving me speechless and a blushing mess. I froze in my spot, still trying to comprehend what was happening. Eventually I did and snaked my arms around her waist, if only we could stay like this forever.

She pulled from the hug but I pulled her back "I missed you Minjoo~" I said softly, as I tightened my grip, which she didn't seem to mind.

"You missed me but you didn't bother telling me you were leaving" She scoffed and I laughed at how cute she looked as she pouted.

She let go which forced me to do the same because I didn't want anything to become awkward.

I scratched the side of my neck "Yeah.. hehe sorry.."

"How do forget to tell your best friend that you're leaving?! Anyways how was Incheon?" I didn't hear the last question, I was too busy admiring her beauty. I mean can you blame me? How can someone be so gorgeously cute?

'Yeah.. Best friend' 

"Unnie?" She said as she waved her hand in front of me "is there something on my face?"

"Yeah, right here" I cupped her face with both of my hands.

I could felt my cheeks heat up, and I saw hers do the same. Maybe I do have some effect on her.

"Let's just go yeah? I'll drop you off at your block" I held her hand out of reflex and dragged her behind me.

When I noticed her oddly being quiet, I also noticed that our hands were interwind. I didn't intend to hold her hand like that so I let go. We walked in silence for the rest of the way there.

I bid goodbye to her as I headed to my block. And unfortunately, Yena was in the same class and sitting right in front of me. Not that it's a bad thing, but she has the tendency to tease me as she knows about my crush on Minjoo.

"I saw everything! Looks like something is happening between you two. So how was it! Were her hands soft?" Yena asked, full of excitement. Sometimes I forget that we're the same age.

I looked at her fully confused and weirded out "Why do you want to know what her hands feel like?"

She had such a smug look "Well did you enjoy it?"

"What do I do? I messed up bad Yena~" I whined, slumped down on the table with my head in my arms. "I stared at her and she asked me if something was on her face, me being the genius I am, cupped her face like she was a baby!"

She sighed and shook her head slowly "Don't ask me for advice pal, last time I checked, girls were falling for me, not the other way around" she smiled again.

"Doesn't Yuri get jealous when girls are always around you? Like the ones you aren't friends with" I asked.

"Yeah she does but she's cute when she's angry" she shrugged. Sometimes I wonder how those two haven't broken up yet.

"First day back after a few weeks and you're probably already planning Yena's death, am I right?"

"Oh hi Kwangbae, I need help with Minjoo, surely you have better advice then this stupid duck" I said lazily, as I sat up from my desk.

"Well, considering that you've liked her for so long, I don't think you'll get over her any time soon" You call that advice? Like I didn't already know that.

"And that's helping because.." I shook my head in disappointment, I thought she'd have better things to say.

"What I'm saying is, take some time off of thinking about her. So far, you've been ranting about Minjoo for so many years, I think you should forget you feelings for a bit and see how you go" she suggested, doesn't sound like a terrible idea..

"It should help you figure out if you're better off as just her best friend or if you really can't live with out her"

The teacher walked in and all the students went back to their representatives seats. As the lesson went on, I kept thinking about Hyewon's idea. She has point but could I really last if I ignore what I feel? I mean, being gone for two and half weeks was painful enough. This could break me even more or completely repair me.

*

The class ended and all the students left, along with the teacher. I headed to my locker at the back of the class to put away my books. And unfortunately for me, my locker was the one closest to the window.

There she was again. Wearing her signature smile, with those dimples under her eyes. I can spot that smile from a mile away. She was headed to the cafeteria building with another girl wearing a very similar smile. All full of joy and happiness, oh how I wish to be the girl who makes Minjoo overjoyed.

Despite Yujin being a very close friend of mine, I envy her and I'll admit to that. She's so perfect in her own way, I could never. She makes Minjoo so happy, happier than I ever could. I see Yujin as a little sister and like any sibling relationships, one always envy's the other. And I'm speaking from experience.

Sometimes I regret introducing them to each other but what can I do? I was a child and didn't know that it would hurt me in the future.

"Yah! Chaewonie, we're going to the cafeteria now!" Chaeyeon popped out from behind our class door

"Oh yeah, I'll be right there" I looked back out the window and they were gone, just a bunch of students crowding around.

She obviously noticed me overthinking when she said "What's up? You're usually not like this so tell me what's on your mind?"

Chaeyeon is a mother figure to us. After Eunbi unnie graduated, she took up the role of taking care of us at school. She's also one of the many in our group who doesn't know my feelings towards Minjoo so it's kind of difficult to talk to her about this. Only a few knew, the duck, Kwangbae and Eunbi unnie but like I said, she graduated last year along with Sakura unnie.

"Can you give me some advice? I have this... friend who likes her best friend but her best friend likes someone else.." Nice going Chaewon, the typical 'I have this friend' excuse.

She paused for a brief second "Honestly, I think you should just tell her. It's high school, what is she gonna do? It's not like she'd ignore you forever, Minjoo's not the type of person to just leave someone behind especially if it's you."

"It is really obvious that I like Minjoo?"

"Like? Chae, from what I see, you're in love with her. Look, just tell her how you feel before it's too late because when it is, you'll regret for the rest of your life. I've never seen you love someone so much until I saw you with Minjoo. You don't even need to directly tell her your feelings, just lead it up to that point if that makes sense"

"I don't have the courage to do that" I smiled sheepishly.

"Not yet that is" She gave me a pat on the back as we caught up with Yena and Hyewon. We stood in line and was allowed in the cafeteria.

*•*•*