Beast Titan

Disclaimer: I do not own Attack on Titan or this story.

Summary: The gang returns to react to season two. [No Pairings]

READ THIS! This story will contain manga-related SPOILERS and is NOT for ANIME watchers! Also, it is the sequel to "Power to Strive" so read that first or you'll be hopelessly lost and confused!

|~|

Eren tapped his foot.

"You should eat a little," Petra said.

"Later. I'm not really hungry right now." Eren was filled with anticipation. "Besides, there'll be food—better food—in the room." He exhaled sharply, feeling impatient. "It's taking forever."

"Because you keep checking every minute. Have some patience."

"Where's the rest of the squad?" Eren asked to pass time.

"Captain Levi sent them off to train. As far as they know, I'm supposed to be training you one-on-one."

Eren lowered his voice even though it was only the two of them in their small mess hall. "What do you think we'll see next?"

"I don't know. I'm hoping we can capture those two without the same level of casualty we had trying to capture the Female Titan." Petra didn't need to clarify who "those two" were.

"Armin told me Jean's been distracting them when they have free time and come over to talk. They only have a few minutes to spare but still." Unlike the girls, Connie couldn't hide away in the women's barracks like Sasha could in order to avoid them.

They talked for a few more minutes, speculating about the future before it was time to go. The rest of the recruits were already standing before the room. Levi had made good on his promise and made them clean up that entire floor so they had an excuse to one, hang around and stay away from Reiner and Bertolt, and two, to make sure no one wandered up to the room with the TV. Not that it would open, but the commander had decided it was better to be safe than sorry.

Erwin, Hange, and Levi soon joined the group. "Who's ready?" The commander asked.

They replied happily, cheering quietly, not wanting to alert anyone with too much noise.

Inside, the room appeared unchanged. They automatically went to their respective spots. Ymir, Christa, Connie, and Sasha on the left couch, Jean, Armin, Mikasa, and Eren in the middle, and Petra, Levi, Hange, and Erwin on the right couch. They immediately grabbed some food, settling in while Erwin picked up the remote.

"I believe we last left off at the Titan in the Wall," Mikasa recalled. They had only known the truth for less than two days, but already listening to other the Scouts talk about the Titans as mindless beasts had become strange.

"Yeah." Connie nodded, imagining countless Colossal-type Titans standing side-by-side to create the Walls. "I still have a hard time wrapping my head around it."

"It is crazy to think about," Sasha agreed.

"I wonder how long after the last season this picks off," Jean thought out loud.

"I hope we don't have to watch more of our friends get killed." Despite her words, Christa wasn't all that optimistic.

"Just gotta remember, it's painful to watch but the future can be changed," Ymir offered kindly.