Wall Sina, Goodbye Part I

Disclaimer: I do not own Attack on Titan or this story.

Previously: The group learns Eren has the Founding Titan. Hange figure out the Smiling Titan is Dina and shares her theories. Erwin reveals Dina is to become their Female Titan.

|~|

A terrified scream blasted from the TV.

Some of them flinched, not expecting it.

"Stop!" Marco screamed, struggling. "Why?"

Their good mood from being so optimistic about the future, with Eren having the Founding Titan, dropped.

"Annie! Please stop!"

Annie gritted her teeth, crying, trying to unbuckle his gear.

"Why?" Marco's frightened face was inches from her face. "Why? Why? Annie!"

Every one of his screams pierced their chests.

She stared at him, distraught, as the Titan ate him, silencing his anguished screams.

Annie woke a gasp, staring at her trembling hands. She sat up in the bunk bed.

"This must be before the expedition," Hange observed. "I wonder if this episode will follow her exclusively like the previous extra ones with Ilse, Jean, and Levi."

"This could prove very useful," Erwin said, his interest piqued. "She's the Warrior we know the least about." Their knowledge on her was the weakest and this episode could help them get a better sense of her. And give them information that could be used against her.

Petra thought about the Warrior's weaknesses. "Reiner's mind is in pieces because he's so consumed by guilt," she said. "And he has a soft spot for Christa. Bertolt lacks conviction and is in love with Annie. What are Annie's weak points?"

"This should be a good episode to help us with that," Levi said.

The recruits were a bit more uncertain about an episode focusing on Annie entirely. Thanks to Ymir's confession, while they felt little more for her, it still couldn't erase the resentment entirely. The betrayal would always be a sore point for them. It had been easy to hate at her first. Their fury and loathing of the monstrous Female Titan for her actions during the 57th Expedition had transferred over to Annie and over time, eaten away little by little their affection for her.

"I don't think I could ever truly hate Annie," Sasha admitted softly, head down. "Or Reiner or Bertolt."

"You're not the only one," Connie replied sadly. Sometimes it bothered. Made him feel weak. But he couldn't help but still feel bad about disliking them.

"I know I tried to have you guys see them compassionately, but honestly, if I were in your place, I don't know if I could have been as kind to them as you are now," Ymir confessed.

"You would have," Christa said. "You're nicer than you like to think. And I still don't think there's anything wrong with not hating them. As as we don't let our fond memories of them get in the way of taking them down out there, it's okay to feel bad for them."