Lost in the cruel world

Disclaimer: I do not own Attack on Titan or this story.

Previously: Eren feels motivated to re-take Wall Maria so people could get their livelihoods back. Hange shares her plan: capture Annie, fake Annie's escape to send the Royal Government on a wild goose chase, feed her to Dina.

I skipped the first 20 seconds of the episode so they wouldn't see the Titan guillotine.

|~|

"Here we are, last episode."

"Wow, we're at the end already, huh."

"Can't wait to get out and stretch my legs."

"Hello everyone, quick message before this episode begins."

"Been a while since we heard from Candy," Eren said, surprised to hear her voice.

"Do you think she'll offer more future episodes?" Connie really hoped so.

"You really think so?" Sasha was both excited and nervous at the prospect, once again worried about the revelations and deaths it would bring.

They straightened up in their seats in anticipation.

"Now, I'm sure you're thinking that maybe I'll give you guys more future episodes for next time, but no."

"Oh, well." Petra was disappointed but not too terribly so. "We've already go plenty of information."

Levi nodded. He was grateful for what she had shared so far. It would help save the lives of so many already.

Erwin inclined his head. "It's been a tremendous help and we can use it to turn the tables of this war in our favor."

"Nah, I kid. There's more future episodes if you're interested in returning one final time."

Jean gasped. "I fucking love Candy."

"Now she's just spoiling us," Christa said, smiling widely.

"I can't even imagine what she's going to show us next!" Armin said, eager for more.

"Shh!" Hange waved her hands impatiently. "I wanna know when we can expect the next episodes."

"I'll be sending the message out in about a week from now if you want more!"

"One week, huh…" Erwin rubbed his chin. "That's enough time to put some of our plans into effect. Of course, now I have to reconsider some things." But that was fine with him if it was the price for more future knowledge.

"Until next time then!"

"Man, I almost feel bad for our enemies. It's like we're cheating with Candy on our side." Despite his words, Connie was grinning widely.

"Hey, we were severely handicapped first by being totally blind about the outside world and everything," Eren said. "Now it's their turn to be the ones in the dark."

Mikasa and Eren stood atop the Wall, staring off into the distance.

"If we get Wall Maria back and defeat our enemies," a young Mikasa said, sitting on stone steps, Eren and Armin to her left, "will we be able to go back to those days?"