Charge

Disclaimer: I do not own Attack on Titan or this story.

Previously: Hange thinks the Beast Titan's spinal fluid may have been used to turn Ragako. Levi brings up using Eren's Titan's spinal fluid. Connie will join Squad Levi to help evacuate Ragako's children and pregnant women. Ymir tells Erwin and Hange about the Curse of Ymir.

|~|

"Here she comes, Reiner," Bertolt said, watching the Jaws Titan swing toward them.

"Right." Reiner pulled out a knife and turned to the other side of the branch, jumping down and transforming. Bertolt used the 3G to land on his back, the Jaws Titan joining him a second later.

Jean, Mikasa, and Armin watched in shock. "Oh no…" Armin gasped, crouching on a tree branch at the edge of the forest. "Eren's being taken away!"

Erwin looked over his shoulder to see the Armored Titan making a break for it. "All squads! Let the Titans chase after you!" He raised his sword. "Follow my lead!"

Armin wondered what the commander was planning. Was he trying to use the Titans to stop Reiner? It wasn't difficult to piece it together, what Erwin had in mind. Cunning and dangerous, definitely a plan worthy of Commander Erwin.

"Erwin, you demon!" An MP glared at him as Erwin left him behind as Titans began to surround him. "Are you trying to use us as bait again?!"

"That's not my intention," Erwin replied. "The Military Police have fought well! Now serve your duty as soldiers!"

Jean snorted. "I don't know whether to laugh or feel bad for them."

"I'm gonna say they will die," Hange declared.

"The Armored Titan plans to escape with Eren!" Erwin yelled. A group of two dozen Scouts chased after Reiner with Titans hot on their heels. "We have to stop him no matter what!"

"He's not fast enough to escape!" Jean said loudly. "We'll catch up!"

"This time, I won't hesitate. I'll kill them both, I swear!" Mikasa vowed darkly. "And if Ymir gets in my way, she's asking for it, too."

"Uh-oh."

"That's not good."

Mikasa scowled ferociously. "No matter what it takes…I will!"

Armin stared at her before lowering his gaze.

Christa bit her lip worriedly. If Mikasa went after Ymir...

"Mikasa's serious and if Ymir gets in her way, it won't be pretty." For both their sakes, Petra hoped it wouldn't come to that.

Mikasa grunted. "I won't like it. But I'll deliver on my promise."

Sasha preferred to stay optimistic. "Hopefully, she takes her fury out on Reiner and Bertolt only."

|~|

A mouth opened and a hand reached in. The Jaws Titan pulled out a saliva-coated girl. Historia's eyes fluttered before she coughed out some saliva.