Wall Sina, Goodbye Part II

Disclaimer: I do not own Shingeki no Kyojin

Previously: The veterans are interested to learn more about Annie. The group gets into the mystery of Carly's disappearance, some of them figure it out. Petra sympathizes with Annie and thinks she would have liked her under different circumstances.

|~|

"Say something! Excuse yourself pathetically as you always do!" Kemper's neighbor pounded on the wall they shared. "Do it!"

Annie stood, listening warily.

"Are you making fun of me? Just you wait!"

Footsteps were heard and she dashed for the front door, breathing loudly. Quickly grabbing the knob, she yanked the door shut, bracing herself.

"Open! Open! Open! Do it!" The man continued to bang on the door.

"You better hope she doesn't," Ymir said. "Or you're a dead man."

If he comes in, I'll have to kill him. Annie thought.

Finally, he gave up. "Next time, I'll kill you!" With one last bang, he stomped back to his apartment, closing the door.

Annie yanked out the corpse from under the bed. She checked his skin. Still warm. He died recently.

"It must've been that guy that was spying on her!"

"He was probably trying to run away from the crime scene when she came."

No, it might not be him. Armin thought. The man in the red shirt had been standing near the stairs. When Annie had been standing in front of Kemper's door, Armin remembered one end of the hallway had been a wall. The only stairs were the ones she came from. He would have had to pass her to get to them. Meaning the man had arrived after her. Of course, it was also entirely possible that he was the murderer and had come back to the scene of the crime.

Annie removed his wallet from his back pocket, pulling out a yellow card. Kemper Boltz. The neighbor coughed and she looked over her shoulder. With this heat, the corpse will be found, it's just a matter of time. They will interrogate me as the main agent on this case. I will not be able to go on tomorrow's mission if that happens. And the same would happen if I report it. Annie sat on the bed. Out of the question.

From her pocket, she pulled out a small silver ring. Should I hide it and go on tomorrow's mission?

"By the way," Hange spoke up, "I talked to Moblit and he took the designs had I for some similar items to be made for Eren and Ymir. He's going to send them to a friend who's in the business. Do you know your ring sizes by any chance?"

"Sorry," Eren said, shrugging, "I'm not into jewelry so I don't know."

"I'm not sure." Ymir had stolen plenty of rings before but never cared to keep any. "I think it might be a size 7? Maybe."

"I have a ring in my room and I know it's size 5," Petra said. "Maybe we can use that to at least get an estimate. It only has to fit one of your fingers, right?"