The Hunters

Disclaimer: I do not own Attack on Titan or this story.

Previously: The veterans decide to switch up who's fighting which enemy Shifter. Hange jokes Mikasa is the Founding Titan.

|~|

The group watched with bated breath as the TV showed them the Colossal Titan falling straight down from the Wall.

The force of the landing sent out a large shockwave of air, steam, and small rocks. Trees whipped around like leaves in the wind and soldiers, including Hange and her squad, were forced up and off the Wall. Sasha quickly jumped down to shield Armin with her body.

Knees bent, Mikasa struggled against the force. Her efforts were futile and she was knocked off the tree. Her swords escaped from her hands as she was sent flying back.

If she lands the wrong way... Petra shuddered, a memory coming to her of a Scout breaking his neck after an impact with the ground.

Up on Wall Rose, Hannes, Christa, and the others lay on the ground, bracing themselves, holding the edge of the Wall.

Inside the steam, the Armored Titan roared as he shoved Rogue's head being deeper into the dirt to expose his nape.

Curses spilled out of the mouths of several individuals.

Mikasa panicked, mind going back to when the Female Titan had kidnapped Eren. At least then she'd been in good condition and Levi had joined her. Her heart fell. They're going to get away with it.

Armin struggled to look as Mikasa did the same, clutching the grass.

The Armored Titan took a bite and snapped his head back, blood covering his mouth. Armin gasped.

"Someone do something!" Sasha yelled at the TV.

"They can't," Jean replied grimly, knowing it was a lost cause. "Cause of fucking Bertolt and his fucking steam."

"What if he eats Eren?" Mikasa said worriedly. It caused her heart to fill with dread. Not only would she lose one of the most important people in her life, but it would also be a devastating blow for the Islanders.

"Maybe he won't," Hange said. "We don't know if a person is capable of housing multiple Shifter powers, remember?"

"What if you can?" Armin's tone was more speculative than fearful. Was it better to have multiple powers in one person or a single power per multiple people? Considering they had seven Shifters to fight against along with the large army Marley had, in their case the latter was definitely better.

The steam finally began to clear. The Colossal Titan lay, maw gaping, eyes dark, steaming thickly. Bertolt walked over the decaying corpse's shoulder, 3D gear strapped to his waist and carrying an unconscious Ymir.

Christa wanted to reach in and punch him, to free Ymir from his clutches. If they took Ymir back, she was a goner. Marley would feed her to one of their Warriors and take back the power of the Jaws Titan.

"So that's why he kidnapped the other Scout, to get his gear," Petra said.

The Armored Titan ran by the Colossal's body and Bertolt used the 3D gear to reach him, crouching on the junction between his shoulder and his neck.