this is the sandlot

after Mr merlins and benny baseball chat. we all walked into his front yard.

"hey so um, i never got your names" benny said mostly me because Valentina and him already knew eachother. i just gave him a blank look. and he smirks. what the hell is this guys problem? i look at Valentina and she gives me an understanding look. and nods.

"This is Coraline" Valentine says and i sigh of relief. i look back at him and met with his eyes. i raised my eyebrow at him and he just shakes his head.

"well ok it's was nice seeing you, i'm going to head back to the sandlot" he smiles at us

"well how about we come with you" Valentina suddenly says and i turn around and glare at her

"uh yeah sure i mean we could use two more" he says and smiles, i shake my head. following them. they have their own conversation and i walk far behind them. sooner enough we arrive to a sand lot and i see a bunch of boys sitting in their little dugout.

"benny man why'd you bring girls, this is baseball for christ sakes" some chubby kid with red hair says

"hamilton i don't think that's very nice of you" Valentina says with a smirk

"Aww benny why her, all Valentina does is tease me" he whines

"yeah-yeah benny why'd you bring girls here, they can't play" the kids says

"and who said we can play?" Valentina asks

she has been my bestfriend since we were born, our parents were bestfriends. She was taught along side with me by my grandpa, so she is just as good as me.

"well your a girl obviously" this kid with a hat and glasses says and all the guys yell in agreement.

"fine let's make a deal" she says and i internally groan.

"fine you you could hit the ball, i meaning a good hit, we will let you guys play with us" Ham says

"deal" Val says

me being clearly annoyed i just sat on the dirt with my bet against the fence. i know exactly why she doing this. it's because she wants me to meet new people.

benny hands her the bat and she steps into the batters box. getting ready to hit a ball. the pitcher does his wind up and pitches the ball. the bat connects with the ball sending it right over the short stops hit, being a line drives. she then jumps up and cheers.

"told you you little shits" she yells and they just laugh at her and nod in acceptance.

i get up walking over to her as she talks to ham and benny. i nudge her and she looks at me already knowing what i'm going to say.

"if you don't know how to play just say that, you don't gotta leave, i could teach you" benny smirks knowing he was pissing me off

"benny-" Val starts

"no Val it's fine" i finally speak

"gimme" i tell Val pointing to the bat

she hands me the bat i study it before walking to the batters box.

"do you want me to go easy?" the pitcher calls out

"nah gimme all you got" i mumbled loud enough for him to hear me

he does his windup and pitches but i don't swing. he pitches really fast. ok.

"ha she didn't even swing at it" the dorky kid with glasses says

"yeah-yeah didn't even swing" the kid says

"you know coraline, i could give you a quick lesson" i look up and see benny. i'm left handed so i didn't have to turn. i gave him a blank look.

i get back in the batters box. the pitchers winds up and pitches it. i swing my hardest using my legs and arm equally, sending the ball past Mr Merlins home probably into the street. all the boys are looking at me with their mouth wide open.

"what in the-" i hear ham the catcher say

i walk over to benny. i look up at him and he looks down at me.

"maybe i could give you a quick lesson" i say showing the bat to his chest. i walk over to Valentina and say

"let's go" and she nods.

"Bye guys" she smiles at them they say bye to us.

"bye coraline" benny says smirking and i just turn around and glare at him.