what do you want?

i don't really have anything to do. Valentina is going shopping with her friends. it's been around 2 weeks since the sandlot situation. i haven't seen them but i did learn from Val that Benny, Ham, and Smalls live on my street. While she lives on the same street as the other boys. Benny really knows how to get to me. I don't know why he made me so mad. He clearly annoying and enjoy pissing people off. Maybe it's a  gift he got. And he was sure good at it.

then i look at my surroundings. the porch i sit on. and the house i live in. i remember when my mom would let me and Val have tea party's on my fancy white miniature table on my lawn. not knowing she filled them with arizona tea. or even my dad teaching me and Val how to dive for a ball. those little drills we would do to learn, Val had trouble but i was always a quick learner. i was broken out of my thoughts by a cough of acknowledgment.

i look up to see ham and benny.

i tilted my head in confusion. what the hell did they want.

"Vals not here" i mumble looking down and feeling bennys eyes in me

"who taught you how to play baseball?" Ham asks out of the random

"why?" i ask looking up at them

"come on, are you really asking why?" ham asks in a duh tone and i nod.

"well because......because you have a swing of a major league baseball player" ham shouts clearly annoyed.

"oh" is all i say

i look to see benny already staring at me. i just look up at him.

"what do you guys want really" i ask pissed off

"Ham parents are having a little get together for everyone in the neighborhood, and she told us to come by and ask, so uh is your mom home?" benny asks and i froze up, he noticed i know he did.

"uh-i-i mean-they-i mean-she-isnt here" i stutter

"what about your dad" hame asks

"business trip" i make up quickly and benny nods.

"anything else?" i ask and they shake their heads no.

"okay well i'm gonna go" i quickly get up and rush into my house. A week after that i haven't really spoken to anyone. until i hear someone in my kitchen.

"Val what have i said about coming here without telling me" i whine to her

"Core you been here doing nothing, and it makes me sad, you can't kill yourself in here" she says

"that's why your coming with me to the neighborhood get together with me" she smiles and i groan.

"why" i whine

"because i said so go get ready we are meeting the boys at the sandlot" she says

"you don't even live in this neighborhood" i whine to her and she laughs at me.

"go on my mom made tamales for them and some for you for here" she says smiling

i got upstairs putting on a black lace ling sleeve with a velvet crop tank top, with some black baggy dickies. i put my black with white strip v2 pumas, and letting my hair fall down. i didn't really wear makeup so i just walked to the kitchen.

"you look cute" she says in a girly tone making me roll my eyes at her

"come on we could walk there" she drag me out of the house. i made sure to lock the door.

we walk to the sandlot and the boys were already there playing baseball.

"Hey guys" Valentina smiles at then and they greet her and i just follow behind her.

Valentina is chatting with Squints and yeah-yeah and the rest of them seem to have their own conversation going. so i just stand there.

"you know, your really quiet" i hear from the left of me.

"what do you want from me" i mumbled and groan

"i don't know but it's fun watching you whine" benny says laughing

"i'm not whining" i mumble

"yeah you are" and i just glare at him

"i thought you weren't coming?" he says

"yeah when your friends suddenly shows up in your kitchen forcing you to get dressed, you don't really have a choice" i says lowly and he chuckles smiling down at me

Valentina then comes and smiles at me. i just shake my head.

"you guys seem to be getting along" she teases

"i'm waiting for this to be over so i can go home" i mumbled

"you could maybe ease up coraline, it wouldn't hurt you" benny smirks

"oh benny i am thinking of a million ways to hurt yo-" i start but getting cut off

"anywaysssss are you guys ready mom made tamales and i have to meet her there" Val cuts me off

Benny just stood there smirking at me and i roll my eyes and walk away. we all walk together and i just stood there thinking to myself. then again benny comes walking besides me. oh my god. i want to strangle this kid.

"benny do you just love pissing me off?" i ask him

"yeah it's pretty fun" he smirks and i throw my head back and roll my eyes in annoyance

"Coraline?"

"yes benny" i said in annoyance

"why don't you come by the sandlot tomorrow?"