Family ties part 2

I walk outside to see Bonnie alone at a table.

She was staring intently at a candle that was off. It suddenly turned on. My eyes widened in surprise.

She looked scared. I was about to walk towards her when I unintentionally bumped in to someone. Not just anyone...I knew that scent all to well. It was unique to him. Dean Lockwood.

"Dean.." I breathed. He smirked.

"Rachelle, it's been too long." He says. I failed to hide the hurt and shock in my eyes. I turned around to walk away, but he pulled my arm.

"Rach, wait!"

I glared. "Don't-" He seems a little surprised, and hurt at my tone. But I couldn't help it. He left me, and I was in love with him. I thought he was in love with me too.

"Rachelle." He fixed. It was strange to hear him call me by my full name he hadn't done that since we first met. "What are you doing here Dean?" He sighed.

"Founders Party-" He paused before looking at me, "And I came to apologize."

"I don't need your apology Dean, I just- I want an explanation. And don't give me that Bullshit about leaving to protect me."

"Rach-"

"I deserve it." I said looking into his eyes. The same Dark and black Mysterious eyes I fell in love with.

"Fine, but not tonight." He noticed anger begin to show on my face. "I'll explain everything to you tomorrow, in private. In the meantime...Dance with me?"
---------------------------------

"What I miss?" Damon asked as he and Elena approached Stefan and Caroline.

"We were just chatting." Stefan responded grabbing two glasses of champagne. "Drink?..Damon." Stefan asked Damon. Damon smirked. "Thanks, but i'll pass."

Elena looked between the two brothers and smiled at Stefan.

"Stefan. DO you have another dance in you?" She asked sweetly.

"Absolutely." He said smirking smugly at Damon. She grabbed his hand and pulled him towards the dance floor.

Damon and Caroline stood behind watching them.

"They look so cute together." Caroline smiled. "Don't talk please..." Damon said clearly annoyed. She turned too look at him. His face suddenly changed into an amused one..

"Who's that? Dancing with Rachelle?" He questioned. She narrowed her eyes at him. "I thought you said not to talk?"

"Tell me, now." He demanded. She rolled her eyes. "That's Dean Lockwood. Judging by the looks of it, he's back." He looked at the pair intently.

"Dean Lockwood?" Damon questioned.

"Mayor Lockwoods youngest brother, ergo Tyler's uncle."

------------------------------------

I looked at Dean unsure. "Humor me.." He said though it sounded as more of a plea.

"Fine." We walked to the Dance floor.

He pulled me in tightly against him. I felt intoxicated being this close.

"You have admirers." Dean said suddenly. I looked up at him confused. "The brothers."
He said looking down at me.

"Damon, and Stefan Salvatore." I concluded. "You've met them then.." He asked through gritted teeth.

"You've been gone for a while Dean. People leave, and new people come. Stefan goes to our school, and he's dating Elena. Damon is my friend, also dating Caroline." I say.