Part 2

The next week is full of meetings for your dad so you spend a lot of time with Happy and Pepper. But you don't mind because the meetings are for the new team that Fury is calling the Avengers. "Hey Squirt, how about some ice cream?" Happy asks, looking briefly in the rearview mirror. "Sounds good to me." You answer looking out the window. "Everything okay Squirt?" Happy asks you, you sigh. "Yeah, I just wish I was older." You answer. "And why do you wish that?" Happy asks in a concerned tone. "I just want to be a part of the team. You have no idea what it's like to have your dad be a genius as well as a superhero and you have nothing to offer." You return, your gaze still looking out to the traffic of New York outside your window. "Squirt you are so much like your dad. When he knows you can defend yourself he will put you on the team too." Happy tells you and that gives you the perfect idea. You pull out your phone and text Nat.

You - Hey Aunt Nat I'm having some issues with kids at school and I was wondering if you could give me some self-defense lessons.

Nat - Absolutely! If I knew you would tell me who these kids are I'd deal with it myself. Xx

You - Thanks Aunt Nat. Can we start tonight?

Nat - Sure we can go to the training room after dinner.

You - Perfect! Can't wait. Love you xx

Nat - Love you too. Xx

You smile to yourself and then get another idea.

You - Hey old man! My school is talking about starting an archery team, so I was wondering if you could maybe teach me.

Clint - I'd love to! Our meeting is done in about a half-hour. I can take you to get your own bow if you want.

You - Omg I'd love to! Happy and I will be home shortly. See you later!

Clint - See you in a bit, kid.

You can't wipe the smile off your face. "Hey Happy, can we go for ice cream later? I just remembered I have some school work I need to get done." You lie to him. "For sure Squirt, we'll be at the Tower in two minutes then." He says. "Okay." You are so excited you try to hide it so that way Happy doesn't catch on. "Only you and your father would be excited about doing school work." He says. "Well it's science and that is my favourite subject." You say with a smile, you technically weren't fully lying to him because you did actually have science homework.

You pull into the underground parking for the tower and before Happy avengers the car fully in park, you are running to the elevator with your backpack on. You can hear Happy yelling at you but it's too late. You are already in the elevator and the doors are closing. When they open again you are at the penthouse floor and you don't stop to say hi to anyone you just take off to your room and get dressed in leggings instead of your jeans. You sit on your phone for a bit until the alarm that you set goes off. You quietly make your way down the hall in case the team is still in the meeting. When you can see they are all on the couch having a snack you walk out to join them. "Hey, Y/n! How are you kid?" Steve asks with a grin. "Good and you Mr. Rogers?" You ask him, rocking on your heels. " Very good." He answers. "Ready to go kiddo?" Clint asks, picking up his car keys.

"And where are you going?" Tony asks. "Well, Clint is taking me to get a bow cause the school is talking about starting an archery team and I want to get on it." You say to him with a big smile. "Aren't you going to need some money to pay for it?" Tony asks you. "I think I should have enough in my savings dad." You say to him. "I'll transfer some into your account just in case." He says, picking up his phone. "Have fun kiddo." He says and you go give him a hug before you and  Clint race to the elevator.

You get into Clint's car and sit in the front seat with him. "Okay, there is a shop around here and I know they will have the perfect bow for you." He says as he turns the key and the engine roars to life. "You ready?" He looks over to you with a smile. "I was born ready." You laugh, which he returns. He pulls out of the underground parking and begins the journey to the shop. When you arrive you get out with him and rush to the door. You hold it open for him and he just shakes his head and laughs. "Okay, should we start with compound or traditional?" Clint says while walking to a wall of bows. "I like tradition." You say, he looks down. "Same kid." He smiles and walks over to a matt black bow with a dark green string, pulling it down. "That one!" You say excitedly. "I thought you would like this one." He chuckles, walks over, and grabs the matching quiver and arrows to the set. "This should be good to start you off, but you may want a site and you will need a guard." He says handing you the items. "I'm no quitter so let's get it all." You say with a cheeky grin. "That a girl. I like to hear that we have a hard worker." Clint goes and grabs the rest of the items for you as you admire the bow and matching set. He comes back to see you in the same spot. "Well kiddo we got everything you need, are you all set?" He asks. "Yes, let's go!" You say and rush to the till to pay. Once all your items are paid for you return to the car and go back to the tower. Clint helps you bring your stuff to the training room and you two start your training session.