Part 7

You begin scrolling through the article and reading what the author had written about your accident. That there was no way that you should've been alive and that there had to have been something more to the story. Just as you go to finish you hear someone clear their throat behind you. You spin around nearly letting out a yelp but you contain it. Bruce gives you a smile. "Are you ready to start?" He asks you, walking into the lab and setting down a stack of folders and papers. "Yeah sure." You say trying to calm your heart rate. "Okay, we're going to start out with a scan. So can you go lay on that table there and then we will get started." He points to a table behind you. You do as asked and lay on the cold table. "Alright, keep still for me." He says and the scan begins. The machine is only half over you and the lights begin to dim and flicker. "Just stay still Y/n." Bruce calls over to you. Your breathing begins to become quick and panicked as the lights start to flash. "It's okay Y/n. We're getting your scan so it's working." Bruce tries to reassure you. You close your eyes and focus on your breathing. The machine stops and the lights return to normal. "What was going on?" You ask him to sit up on the bed and swing your legs so they are hanging below you. "Your scan is showing incredibly high levels of energy." Bruce is looking at your scan and your results. "We need to call Tony." He says and walks over to the intercom and pages for Tony.

Within the minute your dad walks in nervous. "I was already on my way over when the lights started flashing. What's going on?" He says directed at Bruce. "Dad, something is wrong with me." You say from where you are seated across the room. "Hey kiddo there is nothing wrong with you. Bruce, tell me what is going on." He begins to grow impatient. "I'm not sure yet." Bruce says and gestures to Tony to come look at the computer. He does and looks back up at you. "Hey kiddo, why don't you go get some breakfast with Nat? You can take the car." You look at him confused but just get up off the table and walk out to find Nat. When you do you tell her everything that is going on and you two go to get something to eat at your favourite coffee shop. It was only around the corner so you didn't have to drive. When you finish your breakfast the two of you return back to the tower.

The elevator doors open to the penthouse and you are met with Tony and Bruce pacing around the room, clearly in distress. "What's going on here?" You look at the two of them in utter confusion. "Y/n, sweetie, it seems you absorbed most of the energy of the explosion." Bruce says as Tony pours himself a drink. "So what does this mean?" You ask them. "We don't know. But your scans are showing that you still have this energy inside you. Actually you are radiating it but only right around you. It's not being excreted. It's almost like an aura." Bruce says, your eyes are locked on your dad. You watch him as he takes a gulp of his drink, he avoids making eye contact with you. "Okay so I have a lot of energy around me, so what?" You say, it comes out more rude than you intended it to. You are starting to get angry that your dad won't speak to you. You are staring at him now watching his every move as he stands at the bar, still refusing to look at you. "Y/n we think you may have..." Bruce trails his sentence off and turns back to look at Tony. Tony doesn't look up from his now almost empty glass. "We think you may have powers." Bruce blurts out. You look from your dad to him and back, Tony's face unreadable.

"You are telling me I may have powers and you didn't even have the guts to say it yourself?" You start to step towards your father, you can feel the blood boiling in your veins. "Y/n..." Nat says from behind you snap your head towards her, eyes glowing. "Sweetie, you need to breathe for me." She has her hands slightly reached out towards you. You turn back to Tony. "You are a coward!" You scream at him waving your hand to the side. A chair is sent flying and smashes through the window. You jump back and then begin to look at your hands. Everyone is staring at you, you look down at your hands "What is wrong with me?" You mumble to yourself, tears threatening to fall from your eyes. You turn and begin to run towards your room. You hear Nat call after you but you don't slow down you run to your bed slamming your door with a wave of your hand. With a twist of your wrist the door handle locks.

Thoughts |Peter Parker X Reader|On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara