Part 5

When you wake up Tony, Nat, Pepper and Steve are all sitting in your room. There are tear stains on everyone's faces. You begin to shift in the bed feeling uncomfortable and you hear Nat gasp. "Y/n? Are you awake?" She almost whispers. "Y-yes." You croak out, your throat is so dry it's hard to make a sound. You go to sit up and Tony rushes to your side to help you, while Pepper raises the bed so you can lean back in an upright position. "Dad?" You ask, looking at him, he looks back at you. His eyes are full of tears. "Where's Happy?" You ask him. He looks at you with a broken smile. "He's at home resting, you saved him kiddo." He gives a forced laugh. Everything flashes back into your mind. "What happened to me?" You ask, still looking him in the eyes, his tears that have been sitting on the edge of his eyelids finally fall at this question. "We don't know yet kiddo." He says Steve turns the room light off. "You should get some rest, kid." He says and Pepper moves the bed down a bit. You close your eyes to attempt to go back to sleep but you can only see the big flash of the explosion so you just lay on your side faced away from your dad.

The next morning your nurse comes into your room and wakes you up. "Hey, Hun, I heard you finally woke up last night." She says to you. "How long have I been out, Miss?" You ask her if she turns to look at you and frowns. "No one told you last night?" She asks and you answer by just shaking your head. "Well Hun, there isn't an easy way to tell you so I understand why they didn't," She sighs and sits on the end of the bed, "Y/n, you have been in a coma for a year." She says and your jaw drops.

"That can't be possible." You say in absolute shock, "I've missed a year? I missed my THIRTEENTH birthday?" You say looking up to the nurse. "I'm sorry Hunny. But to be honest you are lucky you are alive. You should've died in that explosion." She says to you as she stands up and checks your vitals. "Excuse me, Miss?" You ask for her attention, receiving it immediately. "Call me, Del." She says with a smile. "Sorry, Del, do you know how long it will be until I can go home?" You ask her. She stops with a puzzled look on her face and then turns to you. "Now that is up to you. If you feel like you are able to go home you can. You are physically healthy, you may even feel better being at home in your own bed." She says with a smile.

"Can I talk to my father?" You ask her. "Of course sweetie, I'll call him in now." She walks out of your room and you have a look around your room. You sit up and it takes a bit of effort since you haven't used your muscles in a year. But when you get upright you don't want to stop there. You are on your feet using the bed to help you until you get used to walking again. You take a couple of steps toward the bag with your name on it in the corner of the room, sitting on a chair. You open it to see a bunch of clothes you have never seen before. You know that Nat must've gotten you clothes knowing that most of your clothes before would be outgrown. You do your best to quickly get changed from the hospital gown before anyone comes into the room. You put on a pair of black leggings that somehow fit just right, and a sweater that was definitely your dad's. You enjoyed it cause it smelt like him and it felt like a hug. In your hospital slipper socks, you made your way over to the washroom. You wash hands, then face, when you are done, and walk out. You see Nat, Tony, and the nurse standing in the room in utter shock and awe. "What?" You ask them. "You shouldn't be able to walk." The nurse says. "Weird. I feel fine." You say not noticing anything wrong with your muscles. You actually feel strong. "Can I go home, Del?" You ask her with a pleading tone. "Well since your vitals are good and you are up and moving you should be fine to go home." She says and you are ecstatic. You can tell Nat and Tony are weary but you are unsure of the reason. Nat helps you pack up your few belongings while Tony signs your discharge papers. When everything is ready you take your stuff and go back home.