Part 4

It's been six months since you started training and you have been taking it very seriously. Especially since six months ago, Thor's brother Loki unleashed an attack on New York. Ever since then you have not missed a training session, which you have every day. You are twelve now, and it's almost Christmas, and Happy is taking you shopping for the team. You two are in a little spot that has a couple of stands outside selling things like sunglasses, hats, and trinkets. You are in a booth looking at a black ball cap for Steve and you use a mirror to check behind you. You can see Happy is looking between you and a man twenty feet from you. You give the lady the money for the hat and she gives you a bag for it. You walk over to Happy bag in hand and realize he's focused on the man. "Who is that, Happy?" You ask him, he jumps at your sudden appearance. "Jeez Y/n, don't sneak up on me." He says holding his chest. "Sorry, but who is he?" You ask again. "It's just a guy that I needed to keep tabs on." He answers.

The two of you watch as another man approaches the first who is on a bench in the middle of the square you are in. The second man speaks first who remains sitting during the conversation. The second man, an average size man with a buzzcut, hands the man on the bench a briefcase. You and Happy are trying on sunglasses to make yourselves look inconspicuous. The man with the buzz cut walks away and the man on the bench opens the briefcase. Happy looks at you and tells you to "stay there." He walks over to the man on the bench who begins to stand up. Happy bumps into the man causing the briefcase to hit the ground and open. Happy begins to help the man pick up the remnants from inside the briefcase. You can see the man's face glows red. Happy sees this too and begins to walk away with something from the briefcase in his hand. The man with the buzz cut bumps into Happy and stupidly, Happy picks a fight with him, showing him what he took.

Happy lands a pretty decent punch to the man's face and it begins to glow red like the other man. You want to yell for Happy to get out there but know it will only make matters worse. The man with the buzz cut grabs Happy by the arm and throws him over the stand where you are at, and he crashes into another one that is located behind you. You glance over at the man who was on the bench for a minute and see that he is glowing more. Then you look back to Happy and begin to run to him. The glowing man calls to the one with the buzz cut. "Help me!" He yells as the glowing red begins to travel from just his face to down his neck. He raises his hand for the other man and his whole body begins to glow. "Happy!" You scream as you run to his side. The man begins to have light shine out of him and you know you need to protect Happy. "Y/N NO!" Happy screams as you stand in front of him. The man explodes and you shield Happy. You are hit hard with the blast but instead of being sent flying you stand your ground absorbing most of the explosion.

When the explosion is over you look down at Happy and see that he is covered in burns. You drop to your knees beside him. "Happy I'm so sorry." You say to him. You turn towards the street and see a lady standing in shock. You scream to her, "CALL AN AMBULANCE!" She immediately pulls out her phone and begins calling. Not long after you hear sirens approaching. The lady runs across the street and to where you are kneeling beside Happy. "Are you okay, hunny?" She asks you, you stand up and take a second to assess your body. That's when you collapse.