Part 6

When you get back to the tower you are met with the rest of the team who have set up a 'welcome home' party for you. There are balloons littering the roof and you see over on the bar, there is a big slab cake. You can't express how much it means to you so you just hug everyone one by one. When the initial reunion is over you head to your room to get dressed in a nicer shirt. As you open the door you look around your room to see everything is exactly how you left it aside from your closet. The closet had been rearranged and everything was replaced.

You know that it was Nat and Pepper that did all the shopping cause there was no way your dad picked out these clothes for you. They were all mature but not like 'adult mature', more like a mid teenager, which you were absolutely okay with. You find a cute white top and match it with an oversized flannel. You leave your bag on your bed and head back to the small party. Bruce walks over to you and you can tell he has something on his mind. "Hey, Y/n. How are you feeling?" He asks, watching your every move. "I feel very good Dr. Banner, thank you for asking." You say with a smile, he returns it, you can tell there is something else. "Anything I can do for you, Dr. Banner?" Your question is a little timid. "Actually yes," he begins, "Tomorrow morning your father would like me to run some tests." He says to you. "What kind of tests?" The question comes out a little harsher than intended and you swear you saw Bruce flinch a little. "Um, just some tests to, uh, understand why you didn't disintegrate like the others who were there that night." He says fidgeting with his hands. "Okay, what time do you need me?" You ask him. "Nine too early?" He asks you weary. "Nope, that's fine. See you in the lab." You laugh and walk towards the rest of the team, who are all sitting in the living room.

"Hey, how is our little trooper?" Clint asks you with a smile. "Doing pretty good, how have you been doing, old man?" You ask and he shakes his head still smiling. "I've been missing you calling me 'old man'." He says walking over and wrapping his arm around your shoulder. "Can we go shooting tomorrow?" You ask looking up to meet his gaze. "Absolutely, I've missed having some competition." His chuckle rumbles against your side and it makes you feel very safe and at home. "I wish I could say I missed you all but I didn't even know I was out." You say looking down at your socks. "Hey, kiddo none of this is your fault." Tony says as he walks over towards you, you meet him halfway and step into his outstretched arms. "I love you, dad." You say into his warm chest. "I love you too kiddo."

The next morning you wake up from your alarm on your phone going off. You get dressed, toss your hair up in a ponytail, and walk down to the lab to meet Bruce. You are there before him so you take a look around. There are a lot of medical tools and basic lab tech but you see the computer is open with a new article open. You walk over to the computer and begin to read the article's headline. "Young girl survives explosion, who is she?" You look at the date it was posted and see it was a year ago.