A Proper Date

A cold shower was the only thing that got rid of the raging problem in my pants.

I leaned against the cold tile, letting the icy water fall over me to shock me out of my arousal. It had been so hard to pull away from Jade, especially with her laying there nearly naked, her eyes so full of want, and her lips so damn full and kissable and the lasting memory of what she sounded and felt like as she came burned forever into my mind. I hadn't expected for any of that to happen. I had expected her to be angry with me after the mess that I had gotten her into, for putting her life at risk and turning it all upside down, which included her job that I knew she loved and making her family and friends worry about her. I never thought for one second that she would reciprocate my kiss and crawl into my lap to kiss me like I had never been kissed before.

The girls from my time were not normally so forward, it took plenty of dates, persuasion, and flirting to get them to kiss you. And premarital sex was frowned upon of course. I had to settle for heavy petting and occasionally finding the one girl who lost all her reservations after I had gotten her to orgasm a few times with my touch or mouth that would let things go all the way. I had to boss them a bit, just a little dominance, most of them not knowing what to do in the first place without some direction. And if I was being honest, being in control back then had been a turn on for both parties, and now given that I had had no control of my own life for so long, it still turned me on. But Jade had surprised me with her brazen behavior, crawling into my lap with a need, so overcome by her feelings that she didn't care.

But Steve's voice had been in the back of my head like an annoying whisper and when I had wanted to bury myself in her so deeply that I would leave a lasting impression it got louder.

"Protection is important in this modern world, Bucky. People are... looser with their morals. Premarital sex isn't an issue anymore. And there are diseases, new ones we hadn't even heard of. Ones that don't go away. And just like back in our time no woman wants an unplanned pregnancy. So wrap it up."

I had kicked him out of my room promptly after that, when he had tried to show me pictures of said diseases. He managed to force a box of condoms into my hands before I shoved him out, the very condoms that were currently sitting in my bedside table drawer.

Still, I couldn't help, but think of the consequences of what would happen if we continued on. If we had sex, if she became my girlfriend, if I fell for her, if I loved her. If I didn't stop Hydra, she would always be in danger, just because I cared for her. They would use her to get to me, they were already doing it and I had only taken her out to eat once.

I knew that I shouldn't have sex with her, I shouldn't have feelings for her, I shouldn't bring her into my world or get into hers. But there was something about her, something that made me forget all about what I should do whenever she looked at me, when she smiled, when she laughed. I didn't know her very well, but from what I did know I liked her. I didn't want to let her go. I wanted to take it further. I wanted her to like me. I wanted to see where it went and try something normal.

I turned off the shower when I couldn't stand the cold anymore, toweling myself off and redressing in my clothes. I came out of the bathroom to find Jade sitting at the table, she had redressed and pulled her curls up into a bun, putting the dark red mark I had left on her neck on full display, something I didn't think she was aware of.

She smiled bashfully at me, looking up at me through her long lashes and the urges immediately returned. I found her incredibly beautiful, especially when she was shy or nervous and she smiled that hesitant smile at me. She was eating some beef jerky that Steve had brought and sipping water, and when I approached the table, scooting my chair closer to hers she offered the bag to me.