Mystery Man

Mr. Metal is in my apartment.

In my living room.

And my god is he good looking.

He was much taller than me, my head barely reaching his neck, his long dark hair nearly reached his very broad shoulders. Stubble lined his square jaw and his eyes were bright and blue and definitely swoon inducing. And they were gazing right at me.

What the hell is he doing here?

I felt breathless, staring at this man who I had spent the night with and I barely knew his name. I tensed when I realized that he had actually spoken and I had been too busy staring at his unnervingly handsome face and captivating blue eyes to hear what he had said.

"W-What?" I stuttered, forcing myself to focus.

"I said I brought your ID," he held it up in his flesh hand. "It's how I knew where you lived. You must have dropped it when we were-," he broke off, glancing at Iris who was watching this awkward interaction with crossed arms and great amusement. He cleared his throat and finished. "When you left the compound."

"Oh," I took a hesitant step toward him when he extended his arm to hand out to me. I noticed my hand shaking with nervousness when I took the ID. "Thank you. You didn't have to...I mean- thank you."

"It was no problem," he said shoving his hands into the pockets of his leather jacket.

The awkward tension in the air was thicker as silence fell and I could only continue to stare. What was I supposed to do now? Apologize for slipping out without saying goodbye? I hadn't had a one night stand since college and to my understanding you didn't really see your one night stand again. At least not like this. He definitely wasn't supposed to show up in your apartment looking like a snack when you were wearing your favorite fuzzy penguin pajamas that your mom had given you as a Christmas gift and your hair was a hot mess.

"Well this is awkward!" Iris piped up as the silence carried on. If looks could kill she would have dropped dead instantly as I shot daggers at her. She smiled innocently. "I am going to go in my room to finish studying and put my headphones in...so you guys can talk."

My heart sped up, watching her offer Bucky a wave and turn for her room after passing me a wink. She couldn't just leave me with him! She put a hand up over the side of her face to block her mouth from Bucky's view and mouthed something that looked a lot like "fuck him again".

She cannot be serious.

I scowled at her and she smiled wider. I watched her disappear down the hallway and into her room, the door closing loudly.

I'm going to kill her.

I turned back to Bucky, catching his blue eyes still on me, a hint of a smile on his lips. I nervously wrung my hands.

"Is she your sister or...?" He questioned.

"Oh, Iris? No, she's my best friend/roommate. But we've been friends since we were kids so she may as well be my sister," I chuckled nervously.

"Oh... she's... nice," he commented with a nod.

"Yeah and has zero filter," I added.

His head tilted and he looked at me curiously as though he didn't understand the reference. "Zero filter?"

"Oh... I just mean that she says whatever she wants whenever she wants with zero regard for how it might affect others," I elaborated. I felt surprised that he didn't understand the reference.

He nodded again. "Oh. Right. Zero filter."

I was laughing softly again because I had no idea what else to do.