Hostage

A/N: hey I just have to put a trigger warning out before this chapter for violence and assault. Just fair warning to read with caution.

***
I had no sense of time in the darkened cell, unable to discern the start of a new day or its end. At first I tried counting, only able to reach 3,000 before I fell asleep, reaching the point of exhaustion where I could barely keep my eyes open. I awoke sometime later on the sad mattress that did nothing to cushion the metal frame beneath, achy and throat still sore, my stomach rumbling with hunger and my throat dry. I rose from the bed and blindly made my way to the sink of the cell, using it to drink water which I was thankful that I could not really see in the dark, it tasted terrible.

Seconds minutes and hours passed of me in the cell, sitting on the bed, my back to the cement wall, hugging my knees tightly. I tried to reassure myself at first that things were going to be okay somehow, just as Bucky had said, but as the time passed and the darkness continued I was beginning to lose hope. My options were limited and I knew that eventually Dimitri would be coming for an answer to his question. I fell asleep, hungry and thirsty, feeling exhausted and scared, two more times before something finally happened.

I was awoken by the loud metallic sound of the cell door opening, my eyes snapping open and blinking against the harsh light that flooded in from the illuminated corridor. I raised my hand to shield my eyes and licked my dry chapped lips, turning my head from the light. I still felt weak and tired despite knowing that I had been asleep for a few hours at least, no doubt the result of the lack of food and water. I tried to drink the water from the sink as little as possible, afraid of what I might contract from it, knowing that it was likely contaminated water.

"Goodmorning домашнее животное," Dimitri's voice echoed in the corridor before he stepped into the cell allowing me to see him.

I said nothing, only scooted back on the bed until my back hit the wall and drew my knees up to my chest. Dimitri continued his approach to the bed, a cocky smile on his face, sitting on the edge right near me.

"Are you hungry?" He asked gently, his voice confusingly sincere.

I wanted to spit at him, to tell him to fuck off and that I would accept nothing from him; but my growling stomach betrayed me. I needed to eat something if I was going to have any strength, although strength for what I wasn't sure.

I gave a single nod and his smile widened. "актив!" Dimitri barked, turning his head toward the open cell door.

My heart fluttered at the sight of Bucky entering the cell, holding a tray, the same cold dead stare in his eyes. He walked right to the bed and set the tray on the foot of it, the light from the hallway allowing me to see that there was a sandwich and cup of milk sitting on it. I practically lunged for the tray, eating the sandwich greedily between gulps of milk. Dimitri watched me with amusement, chuckling to himself. I finished the sandwich and the milk in record time, embarrassed at my own actions and giving in to Dimitri's offerings so easily, I knew I would have to pay for his 'kindness' somehow.

"Aww my little minx was hungry," he cooed, touching my leg, which I promptly snatched out of his reach. It only made him laugh more.

I couldn't stop myself from looking at Bucky, my stomach twisting as I saw him standing at attention near the cell door, waiting for his next orders. They had changed his clothes, he was wearing tactical gear now, his metal arm completely exposed, the sleeve cut off the black jacket he wore, something that I wasn't used to as he usually wore long sleeves. Those blue eyes were still empty and his face looked hardened, tired. I wanted to jump out of the bed and run into his arms, hug and hold him until he remembered me, until he snapped out of whatever the hell they had done to him.