pretend like it's my first

K⃟R⃟L⃟

Karl had his shoes and socks off, feet swaying in the pool freely as he watched his girlfriend drag her hand through the ripples he made. Another summer day and they couldn't help but feel bored. What was there to do in a small town in the middle of the day? Karl didn't have work and the couple already went to the mall three times this week.

"Hey, babe," Karl whined with his head thrown back, eyes staring at the clouds above.

"Mhm," Y/N replied dryly, gaze held on the little waves she was making.

"I'm bored," Karl murmured absentmindedly, finding slight entertainment in the shapes of the clouds he spotted.

"I know. That's why we've been messing around with my pool for the past two hours," the girl groaned and looked up at him, slightly pissed off, but not by him.

"Well what are we gonna-" a loud ding from Karl's expensive phone sounded out, grabbing his attention. He reached out for it and brought it in front of his face with one hand, reading the message.

"Don't drop that fucking phone in the pool," the rich teen scolded, watching Karl's every move carefully.

"Why not? You'll just buy me another one," Karl teased and stuck his tongue out at his girlfriend. The glare he received caused him to chuckle before replying with a snarky 'checkmate.'

"Yeah, I'd buy you another, but then you would bitch about it for the next month before finally coming to terms with it." Y/N huffed and pulled her hand from the pool, shifting over to wipe the water off on her boyfriend's clothed back.

"Shut the fuck up," Karl exclaimed, eyes still glued to his screen.

"Don't talk to me like that!" The girl shot back, anger surfacing quickly.

"No, not you! There's a party tonight!" The boy laughed and stood up, showing the screen to his girlfriend.

Y/N scanned the text and bit her lip nervously. She had never been to a party on Karl's side of town. Like everything else about them, it had to be completely different. She was used to expensive cocktails and vibrant dresses. Pricey cocaine sliced into thin lines by credit cards and high-end cars parked along the block. She knew this party would be nothing of the sort.

"I-I actually think my stepmom needs me to help out at her jewelry shop-" Y/N tried to lie her way out, anxiousness getting the best of her.

"Oh, come on! You don't even like your stepmom! You have to come, Micah is throwing it! His parties are talked about for like- months after," Karl expressed his excitement with little cracks between sentences and a large grin spread across his face.

"I'm aware. We go to the same school," Y/N whispered quietly, all the stories of the cops pulling up and guns being set off flashing by her mind.

"Should I even let you look through your closet for something to wear? You'd look so out of place! Maybe I should let you go in your preppy clothes just to have everyone look at you sideways," Karl started planning out the party before Y/N even agreed.

"W-We can try to find something," the girl spoke up, trailing after her boyfriend who headed straight for her room.

By the time Y/N caught up, Karl had already started ripping through the walk-in closet, eyes searching the room fast as he looked for anything that wasn't pastel. He groaned when he came up empty handed, but his eyes found a smoky grey denim skirt with rips and a frayed hem. He also found a black belt that didn't seem to be designer, holding them up to show what he found.