i thought i told you 'bout it

K⃟R⃟L⃟

All was quiet in the dining room of Y/N's house, tears in her eyes as her dad glared at Karl, the brunet returning the look. It all started after Karl brought up marriage, asking for the girl's father to give permission for the two's matrimony.

Y/N's father thought this would be a relationship that ended after high school, but with both young adults now finished with their post-secondary education, he saw there really was no end to the couple's love.

"Y/N. Hallway. Now."

"I'm not talking this over with you, Dad. We aren't breaking up anytime soon," Y/N said firmly, not calling her father by the sweet name he was so used to.

"Y/N, listen to your father-"

"Stop trying to control me like I'm your kid. I'm not. And besides, I'm 21 now. You can't control me anymore," the girl barked out before standing and grabbing Karl's arm.

Her father continued to yell at the two, threatening words spilling in angered desperation to keep hold of his only child.

"I'll cut you off! You won't see another goddamn nickel, Y/N!" His loud voice echoed throughout the house, the girl stopping in her tracks.

"Fucking do it. I don't want your money anyway."

"You can't leave this house, you understand me?" The man's words a violent threat.

"Says who? You can't force me to stay!" Y/N challenged, turning to face her father with a bright passion in her eyes.

"You have no money. You haven't worked a day in your goddamn life. You are nothing without me," Mr. L/N growled and took another step forward.

"I don't need you for anything. When I'm living better than you, don't call on me. I won't answer." With that, Y/N turned on her heel, Karl trailing right behind without hesitation.

Walking all the way to Karl's, the boy was quiet and anxious, glancing over at his girlfriend every so often. He was conflicted. On one hand, he was glad she dropped her father's money for him. On the other, he felt guilty, as if he was the reason for the daddy-daughter fallout.

Karl went in alone, explaining what happened to his mom. As he packed two bags and started putting them into his car, the woman tried to convince the young couple to stay for a little longer, just until things were settled. Kissing her cheek once and giving her a smile, Karl assured his mom that they would be okay.

Sliding into the passenger's side, Y/N looked out the window, waving to Mrs. Jacobs while Karl took off, leaving to who knows where. He wouldn't say and she wouldn't ask.

The route to Karl's home state was a long one, but both adults deemed it the best course of action. Getting far away from the girl's father would be best in case he tried to hold her inside the large house against her will.

By the time Karl and Y/N reached his friend's house, the night had faded as the sunrise peaked. Soft knocks against an onyx door could be heard in the early morn, so long as the air stayed still.

On the other side of the door was an old friend, Jimmy, who's bright eyes shone even more at the sight of Karl, pulling the brunet into a crushing hug as they chatted. As Karl explained their predicament, Y/N checked her bank account, transferring the money over to the secret account she hid from her father.