Prologue

"REMIND ME AGAIN WHY WE NEED TO GO TO THESE STUPID EVENTS."

Kade let out a chuckle," I'm not happy to be going either Jas, but it wouldn't kill to make a few allies or clients."

"Yeah yeah," she mumbled, taking her silver and black lace mask and putting it over her face as the valet opened the door to the passengers seat of the black Rolls Royce Wraith.

A hand was held out for her to take and she slipped her covered hand into his, getting help out of the car.

"I've got it from here," Shawn says, gently taking her hand from his. They walked towards the ballroom filled with all kinds of dangerous people in masks and expensive custom made outfits that were most likely bought specifically for this event.

"I really don't want to do this," she grumbled, still maintaining a smile.

"It's too late to back down," he says with a chuckle.

Getting into the ballroom, the siblings walked in hands linked.

Almost immediately, Jasmine spotted a bar at the back of the ballroom. "I'll be at the bar," she says turning to her brother.

"Fine, just don't do something I wouldn't do,and don't get drunk," he says.

"Yeah yeah," she says before walking away towards the bar.

"Can I get a shot, or six ," she says taking a seat on one of the bar stools making the bartender chuckle, preparing her order.

Across the ballroom was a masked stranger, observing the young lady as she chucked down the shots one after the other as if they were merely water.

Letting out a chuckle he approached her, he didn't know what it was, but something about her intrigued him, he had seen her a couple of times, and heard so much about her.

She was an assassin, a very good one, a temptress, she could have any man on his knees, begging for his life. She was ruthless, evil, she was powerful and she knew it.

"What is a beautiful lady like yourself doing alone?" The masked stranger says from behind the lady chucking down her sixth shot.

"Really, is that the best you can come up with?" Jasmine says not looking up from her empty glass, making the stranger chuckle.

"Your right, that's my bad, I promise I'll come up with a better one," he says, pulling out the stool besides her.

Finally she looked up to the stranger, his face covered by a black mask. His piecing grey eyes staring into her big brown eyes. He had a perfectly sculpted face, lean, hard jaw, well built as if sculpted by the gods. Something about him was so captivating she couldn't look away.

"You done staring dolcezza?" He says with a grin, taking a seat.

"Don't flatter yourself bad boy," she says rolling her eyes, ignoring the way that nickname made her body react.

"Self flatter is better than false modesty right," he says with a playful grin.

"Whatever," she says rolling her eyes. "Can I get a dry martini please," she says to the bartender.

"Whiskey," he says.

"You still didn't answer my question," he says turning back to her.

"What do you want stranger," she says rolling her eyes making him chuckle.

"Emiliano," he says introducing himself.

"I'm not really a fan of mascarade balls," she says.

The two talked for about an hour, both slightly tipsy, but both still fully in control of themselves.

She let out a huff, a pout forming on her face.

"What's wrong?" He asks the pouting lady.

"This place sucks," she says getting up.

"What do you suggest?" He asks her, bringing her between his open legs by the waist.

"How about this, we go to a nearby hotel, have sex all night and then we go our separate ways, never to meet again?" She whispers seductively, biting on her bottom lip.

"I could never say no to that face," he says with a smirk.

"Great, let's sneak out through the back, can't have my brother seeing me," she says grabbing her purse and dragging him away.

The two hurriedly make their way out and wave a cab.

"To the nearest hotel," the man says to the cab driver before Jasmine attaches her lips to his in an aggressive kiss. He kisses her back, placing her on his lap.

He goes to take off her mask. "No," she says placing her hands on his wrists.

 "No," she says placing her hands on his wrists