03|

AT EXACTLY 05:00, THERE WAS A KNOCK ON MY DOOR

Wrapping my naked body in a robe, I quickly rush to answer the door, knowing who was behind the door.

"I told you to be ready at exactly 5," he says the moment he sees my attire.

"Bite me," I say bitterly turning back into the house knowing he would follow me. The sound of the door closing and footsteps confirmed it. "You can take a seat, I'll be done in ten," I say to him before going up to my room.

I change into vegan-leather wide leg pants, and a cropped black turtle neck with a pair of black ankle strapped heels. I put on some lip gloss before getting out of my room, turning of the light.

Looking up from his phone, Emiliano places the phone in his inner blazer pocket before getting up and approaching me.

"I'll have the guards take that," he says referring to the millions of suitcases in my living room. "Let's get going," he says placing his hand on my lower back and leading me out of the apartment.

"Are you sure you don't wanna back down from the deal?" he asks teasingly, opening the car door for me to enter.

"I'm not backing out," I say, slipping into the car.

"Well, you just sealed your fate," he says closing my door.

• • •

"We are going to be staying at the family house with my parents for a few days while I finalize a few things before we move to my house...well our house," he says the last part with a chuckle as if it was funny, making me roll my eyes.

Before I knew it, we arrived at a huge guarded golden gate. The gate opens and we drive up a long driveway.

At the end of the long driveway was a huge mansion. Stopping the car infront of the house, he comes to open my door and offering me his hand. I place mine in his, helping me get out of the car before closing the door behind me.

As we make our way up the short flight of stairs to the big glass front door.

The front door opens and a petite Italian woman comes out with the world's biggest smile.

"It's true!" She says coming up to me, cupping my cheeks. "Oh my gosh your so beautiful," she whispers, like a little child staring at a shiny new toy.

I give her a smile, laughing at her reaction, "thank you,"

"I'm sorry I didn't introduce myself, I'm Carmin, Emiliano's mother"