03. Pack Mentality

Jade's P.O.V

   "Where are you going again?" I asked Derek. I'm tired of seeing him sneeking out all the time. He hides too much from me that I began following him. I have no choice. And trying to be far enough for him not to notice me is hard... I hate that we're like this, but there's no one to talk to. He's way too stubborn.

   "My regular patrol on Scott." He responded. I know he has good intentions, but he does things wrongly. Wouldn't be so sure that these are his only intentions, but I hope he tries to help Scott. We both know what it's like trying to study your power and not being in control of them. I was miserable and I needed all the help I could take when it came to training and being in control of my powers. I followed Derek after he left, giving him some headstart. Derek stopped when he got to Scott's high school. I could sense Scott's scent here. What is he doing here at this hour? Derek moved towards a  school bus and screams could be heard coming from there. Shit, please don't tell me it's Scott... He's just a newbie... I got closer to see what's happening in the bus. I saw the alpha with Scott. Scott was trying to fight the alpha. Derek and I kept looing at what's about to happen. The alpha held an innocent man, and the man was terrified. The alpha attacked the man ruthlessly. Shit. Watching it made me feel sick, but I was too far to do something. And I can't save him. He has no heartbeat anymore.

   Derek took off and I did too, running as ffast as I could to get home faster than him. I was relieved when I got home and Derek wasn't there. As I chagnged my clothes, Derek entered the house. But he wasn't quick on coming to bed. I sensed his frustration. I lied on the bed as quiet as I could. It took some time until I heard him walking upstairs. He entered our room and slowly reached to me. He pet my hair and then placed a kiss on my head. It made me feel calmed. Like how we were before. How in love we felt. Now... I feel like that love is somewhat gone.

   "I love you..." He muttered quietly, and sighed.

   I woke up to the sounds of dogs. What's that? I looked through the window. Oh, great. Cops. What do they want with us? Are we going to get daily visits by them? I walked to Derek and saw him growling at the dogs, making them grow angry at the cop. The cop freaked out and left. I wish they won't come back here again. I wanted to open my mouth and talk to Derek, but then we both smelled Scott's scent. What is he doing here?

   "I know you can hear me. I need your help." Of course he needs Derek's help after what he had been through last night. But Derek didn't move, so I did. He tried to grab my arm and stop me, but I didn't care. Scott was helpless and we need to be his mentors. He needs omeone to guide him.

   "We'll help you." I informed Scott. He jumped when he saw me, probably not expecting to see me. This is our first interaction.

   "Who a-are you?" He asked.

   "I'm Jade."

   "Oh, umm, sorry, I'm-"

   "It's okay. You can-"

   "Go." Derek cut me off. I rolled my eyes at him.

   "Scott needs our help, Derek..." I used my warning tone on him. He's not going to make Scott leave.

   "Jade-"

   "Talk." I ordered Scott.

   "Okay." He began. I could sense how nervous he is. He was sweaty and his heart was beating fast. "I know I was part of you getting arrested and that we basically announced you being here to the hunters. I also don't know what happened to your sister, but I think I did something last night. I had a dream about... Someone, but someone else got hurt, and it turns out that part of the dream might have actually happened." He's so confused... We must help him.