10. Fury

Jade's P.O.V

   "Derek... can you hear me? Derek, can you hear me?" He wasn't responding to Deaton's voice, and I got worried. We have enough on our plate. Peter's back to life, the kanima is still free, and Gerard is waiting for the moment he catches us. I can't lose him now. We need his strength. Scott, Derek and me together can be so strong... He must wake up. "I need you to answer me, Derek. Derek!" I was about to reach over and slap him until he wakes up, but he opened his eyes. Thank God! "We don't have much time." Deaton commented and I nodded in agreement.

   "That sound... What was it?" Derek asked as he got up. He almost fell while getting up but Deaton and I caught him.

   "You're gonna be weak for several hours." Derek looked confused.

   "It actually happened." Derek mumbled and I nodded.

   "We can restrain him, Derek, but you have to rest for at least a few hours." I informed him, even though I'm terrified. We have too many enemies right now. We need to set up a plan and stop them. We're not on the winning team right now.

   "Don't worry. You're still an alpha," Deaton assured him. I felt amused to hear Deaton saying that. It felt very superficial to assure him that. "But, as usual, not a particularly competent one."

   "Where is he?" Derek asked as he looked at me. I shook my head. Does he think I cared about Peter when he entered inside? I couldn't give a shit about him. I tried helping Derek and tried getting Lydia out of that trance Peter put her under.

   "Don't ask me, I didn't move my eyes from you." I responded. He turned to look at Deaton.

   "I wish I could tell you." Deaton replied.

   "Then how about you tell me what you're doing here, and why you're helping me." Derek demanded.

   "Helping both your families actually used to be a pretty important part of my life. Helping you was a promise I made to your mother."

   "You're the one my sister talked about. She said you're a... Kind of adviser?"

   "Laura was right." Deaton confirmed. I knew it. I knew he was familiar... "I have some advice that you need to listen to very closely right now. What Peter managed to do doesn't come without a price. He'll be physically weak, so he'll rely on the strength of his intelligence, his cunning. He's gonna come at you, Derek. He'll try to twist his way inside your head, preying on your insecurities. He'll tell you that he's the only way you can stop Gerard. Do not trust him." We'll never trust Peter. No matter what he does.

   "I don't trust anyone."

   "I know. If you did, you might be the alpha you like to think you are, and unfortunately, the people you should trust don't trust you at all." Huh. Nice message he's passing. I wish Derek would understand that.

   "Scott and Jade." Derek murmured as he looked down.

   "Scott's with Stilinski right now. You need to find him, you need to find him as fast as you can. I've known Gerard for a long time. He always has a plan. Something tells me... It's going exactly the way he wants it to." Because Gerard's in this business longer than we are, but I'm not going to let it affect us. We're going to finish this.

   I went to help Scott and Stiles with Derek. We went to the police station, where they were, and as we were about to get inside, Jackson paralyzed us. Fucking hell. We just walked inside, how did he notice us? We weren't making any noise.

   "Oh, great." I whispered as Derek opened the door. I don't like the way my body feels right now. I can't move anything and it makes me feel weak. I was taught to be strong, not weak.