06. Heart Monitor

Derek's P.O.V

   "You're staying here?" I asked Jade. We're off to a better place, but I know that this is barely where this relationship needs to be at. I know she's unpleased. I know she's still far from me. She can be physically close to me, but I'd still feel like she's on the other side of the world, far away from me.

   "I think it's better off that way." I slowly nodded, knowing that as much as we've been fighting lately, I miss having her around.

   "I love you." A tiny smile apeared on her lips. As least I have a reaction.

   "I love you too." I shortly stroked her cheek, feeling sharp pain in my chest. I miss her. But I had to take off to Scott.

   My plan was to make Scott feel like the Alpha is after him. He needs to be afraid so I could see how well he reacts with his instincts. He needs to know how to fight and use his powers. I noticed him in the parking lot, pushing the unlock button on his car keys to make the lights flash since he couldn't find his car. We both heard the car chirp a level up, but then a bottle of milk took the opportunity to make an escape. "Oh, crap." He muttered. It rolled underneath a car, so I rolled it back in his direction, but I clawed it so it was slightly leaking. Scott heared my growling and made a run for it. I followed him. He ran down to level 3 and hid behind a car, but I could still hear his heart beating. However, it was interrupted by car alarms. Great, he's not bad up to now. Scott hid again, and I couldn't find him because of the alarms. Well... Until his phone started going off. just when I felt a little proud of him... "No. No, stop." I grabbed him by the shoulders, lifted him up, and slammed him down on a car. I lifted him by the shirt, and slammed him against the car. 

   "You're dead." I spat, and he sighed in defeat. I took my hand off, and he got up, we both got off the car and started walking to his car. 

   "What- what the hell was that?" 

   "Said I was gonna teach you. I didn't say when." 

   "You scared the crap out of me." 

   "Not yet." He needs more practice to face the alpha. Or a lot of help from me. I can't believe that I need to team up with him...

   "Okay, but I was fast, right?" 

   "Not fast enough." 

   "But- but the car alarm thing, that was smart, right?" 

   "Till your phone rang."

   "Yeah, but that was- I mean- would you just stop? Please?" I stopped walking, and he did too. He's offended? He needs to learn how to fight. Find smart ways to protect himself and those around him. "What happened the other night... Stiles' dad getting hurt, that was my fault. I should have been there to do something. I need you to teach me how to control this."

   "Look, I am what I am because of birth. You were bitten. Teaching someone who was bitten takes time. I don't even know if I can teach you." It's different when you're a kid. Much easier to teach a child over a young adult.

    "What do I have to do?" 

    "You have to get rid of distractions." I took his phone to see who was calling him again. Allison. Of course. "You see this? This is why I caught you. You want me to teach you? Get rid of her." 

   "What, just because of her family?" I showed him his phone, and threw it hard to the wall so it'll break. "Wait, wait- whoa, whoa!" He exclaimed when the phone hit the wall. 

   "You getting angry? That's your first lesson. You want to learn how to control this, how to shift, you do it through anger by tapping into a primal animal rage, and you can't do that with her around." She's making him too soft. She's a distraction for him and I need him sharp.