CHAPTER 2

Earlier at Malhotra's,

"You're back?" Gayatri asked her husband.

"Yeah! It was such a hectic day. Also I need to discuss something important with you." He sighed, rubbing his temples.

She offered him a glass of water and sat beside him on the sofa.

"Do you remember Anand and Niyati, our college friends?" He spoke after sometime.

"Ofcourse! How can I forget them!!" She replied.

"So, they have a daughter, Siya. They both died when she was just around 10-11 years old. She was taken in by Anand's brother, Manish Verma. But they are not good people. He took her in just because he wanted ' Verma Enterprises '." He stated.

Her heart clenched for the poor girl after listening to her husband.

He continued, " now, the company is on the verge of bankruptcy, so he came to me for help some days ago. So after thinking much, today I proposed the contract that he had to marry Siya with Kabir and he accepted immediately. Like he wanted to get rid of her sooner. "
"It will be good actually to have her as my daughter in law." Gayatri said smiling, remembering memories of Niyati and her together.

She was sure Siya would be just like her mother.

"Okay then, don't worry! We will talk about the matter to Kabir and make him understand that he needs to settle down now." She said.

"Yeah! We will bring the topic after dinner." Varun said, smiling proudly at his wife.

SIYA'S  P. O. V,

I retired to my room, after dinner.
My aunt came to me with a warm and gentle smile on her face that I've never seen before. I wonder if this is some trick to beat me up. She told me about my parents which made me feel so soft and then suddenly she told me to marry a guy called Kabir. I was shocked! Who wouldn't be! Watching me hesitate she said, " take this as a way of repaying us! His father is your uncle's friend and they want you as their daughter in law. "  now to these statement, I couldn't say no... So, I nodded slowly, agreeing with her.

She left immediately.

I closed the door after her and dropped myself on the bed, tears scrolling down my face and wetting the pillow.

Next morning,

I woke up with severe headache and burning eyes, thanks to the crying session I had last night.

After finishing my business, I quickly went to the kitchen and prepared breakfast before anyone gets up and again scolds me.

I shivered at the memories of my horrible past.

I still had nightmares, sometimes.

I texted Mahi to meet me at our favorite place after half an hour, and went to take a quick shower.

I got ready and made my way to meet Mahi.

"Mahi! My bestie! I missed you! How are you?" I went to hug her. She pushed me away and narrowed her eyes.

"It's not going to work missy. So, drop the facade and tell me!!" She said.

"Okay! I will tell you everything. Don't interrupt and don't kill me... Please." I told her.

She nodded telling me to proceed.

"Okay, so my uncle met this Mr. Varun Malhotra and - "wait! You mean The Varun Malhotra? Owner of Malhotra group of industries?" She interrupted.

"Uh what?" I asked.

She gave me this are- you - fucking- kidding - me look.

I raised my eye brows.

She made a face but continued, "the Malhotra group of industries are very famous because they are one of the biggest industries not just in India but whole world."
Oh. I didn't know all of this.

She continued, "before a year or two, Varun Malhotra retired and his eldest son Kabir Malhotra took over."

"Kabir Malhotra is sooo hot Siya. Even his brother Aarav is very good looking." She kept rambling.

So, it seems like my best friend is crushing over the guy my uncle want me to marry.

"Yeah, so, don't shout okay?? My uncle wants me to marry Kabir." I said.

She just kept staring with her jaw slightly dropping.

"OHH MY GOD!! So you're telling me that you are getting married to THE Kabir Malhotra?!" She exclaimed.

"Uhh, yes... I guess!?" I said feeling nervous.

"Hey! Everything will be fine. Okay!" She said reassuringly.

"I hope so!" I thought.

I felt somewhat relaxed after talking to her.

After bidding bye to each other, we parted our ways to home.

Later, at night I searched about Kabir on internet.

It portrayed him as cold, heartless, handsome and very smart business man.

As I scrolled further down through the articles, I got to know that he always gets what he wants and shows emotions only for his close ones.

The thing that shocked me the most was he never got involved with any woman till the date!!

'What if he's gay?!' My brain butted in.

Way to go Siya..

I wonder if he agreed to marry me or was this forced upon him?

But, then considering it seriously, I don't think he is the type of guy who can be forced into something.

I sighed frustrated.

This isn't leading anywhere!!

What if they also treat me badly??

No no, I won't let anyone do that.

I will stand for myself.

Hello!!
How are y'all??