CHAPTER 5

Siya's P. O. V,

Descending the stairs, I directly went to kitchen where my mother-in-law was doing something.

'What if she gets angry at me for not waking up early???' My eyes widened at the thought.

"I- I am sorry au-aunty for waking up late.." I muttered looking down when I reached her.

She looked at me and told me with a soft smile, "hey! It's okay. You can get up whenever you want."
My brows shot up in surprise at her words and a small smile graced my lips involuntarily.

'Thank god!! She is not like those vamp mother in laws of daily soap operas!!' I thought and took a breath of relief.

I was brought out of my thoughts by her voice, " beta, can you cook any sweet? We need to complete the ritual. "

"Uhh, yes, I can, b-but what should I make??" I asked her, this time feeling somewhat relaxed.

"You can make kheer, everyone likes kheer, especially Kabir loves kheer!" She said giving me a teasing smile making me blush and I looked down at my fingers.

"Tell me if you need any help, okay!" Saying this she left the kitchen after showing me the place of every ingredient in the cabinets.

I prepared kheer in half an hour and took the bowl to the dining table. Aunty helped me in placing other items of breakfast on the table and called everyone for breakfast.

"Good morning, bhabhi..." I heard Naina and Aarav wishing me as they took their seats. I smiled and wished them back.

I hesitantly took the seat on left side of Kabir, after everyone settled down.

Everyone started eating and I waited for their response anxiously, biting my nails.

"Kheer is very good beta." Varun uncle said.
"Yeah, it's very tasty, bhabhi!" Aarav exclaimed and Naina and aunty nodded  at me with a smile.

"Thank you.." I replied and waited for my husband to say something but he didn't even look up from his plate.

I felt somewhat disappointed.
'Did he not liked the kheer??'

I ate silently, keeping such thoughts aside.

After breakfast, auny and uncle gave me a set of golden bangles. I hesitated but aunty told me that it's a gift and I should not deny it so I took it and went upstairs to our room.

As soon as I stepped inside, I was pulled by someone and a gasp left my lips as I looked up to see Kabir looking down at me, his arms caging my waist. I put my hands on his chest as I stuttered, "u-uh, wh-what are yo-you d-doing?"

He smiled at me and whispered, "kheer was very tasty, sweetheart..." I blushed at the endearment he used and looked down to hide my red face.

He chuckled softly and handed me a pair of earrings, "this is for you."

"But, you didn't have to-" he cut me off by placing her finger on my lips.

Then he cupped my cheek with his left hand and placed a kiss on my forehead mumbling a bye and left the room while I just stood there stunned at the events, feeling butterflies in my stomach.

I thought to call Mahi to clear my head.

_________________________

Kabir 's P. O. V,

I was sitting on the couch in living room, replying to the mails when my little rabbit descended the stairs and went to kitchen.

After half an hour, she came out holding a bowl in her hand and placed it on the dining table and everyone took their seat.

I peeked inside the bowl curiouly to see  what she cooked, and my eyes lit up seeing kheer,'ahh, my favorite!'  I looked up to see mom giving me teasing looks. I ignoerd her looks and focused on my plate.

Siya was biting her nails looking at everyone. I saw a smile on her lips as everyone praised her kheer, but she still didn't start eating and looked in my direction for a fraction of second.

'Was she waiting for my response??'

Kheer was very tasty but if I praise infront of everyone then they will tease me to death, so I kept quiet.

After breakfast, I went to our room and waited for her.

I heard the door open and pulled her to my chest, as she entered, encircling my arms around her waist and heard her gasping at the sudden pull.

She placed her palms on my chest, asking what I was doing, stuttering nervously and I almost laughed out loud seeing her but controlled myself.

I smiled looking down at her and whispered, "kheer was very tasty, sweetheart." And saw her blushing and trying to hide her flaming cheeks from me.

I chuckled and gifted her the earrings I bought for her. She protested but I cut her off by planning my index finger on her soft lips.

I needed to leave for office as I had an important meeting so I cupped her cheek and kissed her forehead softly, mumbling a bye. With that I left the room and drove to office.

It was so hard for me to concentrate on the meeting when all I could think of was what she would be doing at that time.

Damn! I am totally whipped...

___________________________
Thanks for reading..

If you like the story please vote, comment and share...

Once again sorry for very late update