CHAPTER 4

Kabir's pov,

After finishing the rituals, mom asked us to go to our room.

I was about to enter my room but there stood the devils of my life, Aarav and Naina.

"What?" I asked getting irritated.
They wiggled their eyebrows at me.
"Fine! What do you want?" I asked rubbing my temples.

"I want the latest sports car." "I want your card for shopping." Both Aarav and Naina spoke simultaneously, smiling cheekily at me.

"Okay, done." I said and they moved away from the door.

I turned the knob and entered inside to see my wife.
I walked towards the bed and felt her stiffening.
I sighed heavily as I looked at her and spoke as gently as I could, not wanting to scare her more than she already was, "Hey! Relax princess, I'm not gonna hurt you."

She looked up at me, her doe shaped eyes brimming with tears ready to spill out and bottom lip quivering. I so wanted to hug her at the moment but stopped myself, not wanting to scare her.

I sat beside her on the bed keeping some space between us and said, " I know you are tired princess, why don't you go and change into something comfortable, hmmm? ". She nodded meekly and got up, took her clothes from her bag and walked to the bathroom, closing the door gently behind her. I also changed into loose T-shirt and track pant. After sometime, she came out wearing her comfy pyjamas, looking all cute with her puffy eyes, red nose and swollen lips.

I spoke as she came towards bed with small steps, fidgeting nervously, "you can sleep on the left side and I sleep on right side. I won't ever touch you without your consent. Please trust me princess! " she looked at me innocently and again looked down, nodding at what I said.

Uff! Why isn't she speaking, I want to hear her angelic voice.

"Words, princess!"
"Ye-yes" she stammered.
I raised an eyebrow, " yes for what, princess? "
"I-I will sle-sleep on left si-side" she stammered again.

Okay, that's enough teasing for now, my conscience butted in.

"Sleep now, good night." I said closing my eyes and switched the lights off as I felt the bed dip beside me.
I woke up hearing some sounds. I looked to my left side only to see Siya sweating profusely, clutching the comforter tightly in her hands with laboured breaths, twisting and turning in the bed as she mumbled incoherently, "nooo... Leave me.... Let me go.... Don't touch meee....."

It broke my heart to see her like this. I shook her "Siya, wake up princess, it's just a nightmare angel! ". She opened her eyes looking at her surrounding and then threw her arms around me, sobbing loudly. I pushed her face in my chest, hugging her tightly.

"Shhh!! It's okay princess, it was just a nightmare baby" I mumbled some soothing words to her and made her sleep again holding her in my arms as she clutched my t-shirt tightly.

I woke up, feeling sunlight and looked down, my arms holding her securely and her head on my chest as we slept hugging each other. I placed her head back on the pillow and made my way towards bathroom, to freshen up.

When I came out after taking a shower, there she was, sitting on the bed and rubbing her eyes with her small fists. She was looking like a rabbit with pouted lips, scrunched nose and messy hair.

I quickly went into the closet, not wanting to make it awkward for her by seeing me in nothing but a towel.

I heard the shower running and went downstairs to give her some space and time.

__________________________

Siya's pov,

I was taking shower but my mind kept wandering to last night...

I remembered when he entered the room and told me not to worry and that he's not gonna hurt me.
How he made me comfortable to sleep and assured me that he won't touch me without my consent.

It made me speechless, I wasn't expecting him to be nice to me.

He slept on the right side and I slept on the left side.

'Tears kept flowing from my eyes as Vijay uncle starred at me with his lustful eyes and laughed sardonically at my state, walking towards me.
He caressed my face ignoring my pleas as I kept pleading, "nooo... Let me go... Don't touch me..."

Suddenly I heard a calming voice calling me to wake up and open my eyes, shaking me.
I opened my eyes looking around and realized, it was again a nightmare. I threw my arms around Kabir and bursted out crying, as I felt him hugging me back tightly.
I relaxed hearing his soothing words and didn't even know when sleep overtook me.

I woke up at sun rays entering my eyes, looked to my right and found the other side empty, it means he is up!!!

I felt my cheeks heating up as I remembered blur image of him just in a towel wrapped around his waist.

Uff! What are you doing Siya!! You don't even know anything about him except his name!!" My inner self mocked me.

I came out and started getting ready as various thoughts kept running in my head,

"Will his family treat me nicely or I will be treated same like back at uncle's house?"

"Is he genuinely nice or he's just pretending to be nice?"

With these thoughts, I made my way downstairs.

************************

Thanks for reading..

Please vote, share and comment if you liked the story..

Sorry for late update guys but being a medical student and increase in covid cases isn't helping!!
Will try to update soon🤗❤️

Stay safe and happy....