Prologue

The story begins on an old room where an ancient elder scroll is found lying on a desk. As the scroll slowly opens itself, a voice is heard narrating the events prior to the story.

"A thousand years ago, before the dawn of great civilizations, the world was once ruled by an evil Heylin witch named Hel who was once the most powerful evil being in the universe. Using her dark magic and with the assistance of her monstrous minions and the Heylins she was able to suppress any resistance during her reign. Fear and terror dominated the whole land. It seemed that nobody would be brave to stop her until........

One day, twelve young warriors coming from the ends of the earth gathered together to stop Hel and restore the peace. These were the first Shaolin warriors. Under the guidance of the elder monks they were trained in many skills of fighting and were given weapons that they would use to counter Hel's evil magic – the twelve talismans, based on the Chinese zodiac possessing magical powers.

With enough training, the shaolin warriors attacked Hel's palace and completely finished her minions until they encountered Hel. A long battle then followed between the two forces as Hel pitted her dark magic against the shaolins and their talismans. With all the powers of the talismans combined the shaolins triumphed over Hel and Hel was forever imprisoned on an ancient trap vase after she was casted by a soul trap spell by the warriors.

Peace was finally restored upon the defeat of Hel and there were no more grace threats since then. The Shaolins then scattered the talismans around the earth, this not only to maintain the balance between good and evil but also prevent any evil doer from abusing the talisman's powers.

Many years had passed and the Shaolins established their own school – the Shaolin Academy that would train future Shaolin warriors to defend the world against the forces of evil. The Heylin, however, remained in the shadows. Though they may be out of sign they continue to manipulate the world in secret. There are certain times that both Shaolins and Heylins would clash each other but none of them has found the magical objects yet.

For years the magical talisman remained hidden in the sight of both parties. Though some of them were found and used throughout history, they were not yet fully revealed until the right time.

As the narrator ends his story, the scroll slowly closes itself as the door of the room closes. Meanwhile, a voice is heard coming outside, yelling at the narrator.

Master Frank: "CHEN!!!!! WHERE'S MY PUDDING?"