| Chapter Thirteen |

The next morning went by pretty quickly. I was half asleep for most of it, still working on getting myself back up to my normal energy levels. The Russian doctor ended up coming with us and took up three of the seats. I couldn't be mad at him though; being in a cell for a long time was probably quite terrible.

I ended up sitting next to Jack, but not really on purpose. Of course, I didn't mind it if he was going to be civil towards me for the flight. I never really got to see if he was, though, because I fell asleep pretty quickly into the flight.

~~

Peggy and Thompson sat in silence. He had just told her the truth about what happened in Okinawa. It had burdened him greatly and Peggy deserved to know. Maybe someday he'd tell Jones, too.

A sudden weight was on his back, and he tried to turn his head to see what it was. When he couldn't, he looked to Peggy for help. "Carter? What's on my back?" he asked quietly, aware of the sleepers around him.

She looked around him and smiled when she saw what it was. "It appears that Agent Jones has fallen asleep, and her head has found it's way to your back," she explained. It was a cute sight to see for Peggy after the conversation she had with Tiffany a few hours before.

After she said that, Thompson relaxed and actually smiled lightly. He shifted around very carefully, to where he had his back to the wall of the plane and Tiffany's head was on his shoulder. Peggy was looking at him with heart eyes, but he ignored it. There was nothing going on, he was just making sure his coworker was comfortable as they slept after a super long mission. He'd do the same for anyone else on the plane.

On the inside though, Thompson knew that wasn't true at all. He had gone just a bit soft for his newest coworker, Agent Tiffany Jones. At first he wasn't too excited about another woman in the office, but got over himself. He wasn't the nicest to her at first, but he was trying to figure some stuff out, because he definitely felt something for her when he saw her at her new desk for the first time.

But after seeing her get shot and then have yet another injury, that did something. She looked so vulnerable in that truck, and my god did Thompson hate seeing her that way. Ever since her first day she's always looked tough and unmoving. Seeing her bleeding out was scary and he never wanted to see her in that sort of condition ever again. It caused a pain deep within his gut even thinking about that.

He thought back to that night even more. To the almost kiss. Why had he backed out? She was leaning in too- it was obviously something they both wanted to do, and yet he chickened out at the last second. There had to be another opportunity for him, because there was no way he was leaving this planet without kissing Tiffany Jones. That was for sure.

She started to stir slightly in her sleep, and Jack took her right hand in his left to just be there. He didn't know if she knew what she was doing, but she squeezed his hand lightly as if to say something.

"She's made you soft, it seems," Peggy whispered to him. He looked over at her, ready to argue a bit, but realized that'd be a lie.

A/n: This was extremely short, especially compared to those last two chapters, but I really wanted to do a bit from Jack's POV! What do you think? Let me know!