| Chapter Nineteen |

After what felt like forever, I started to regain my senses. The first thing I felt was the pounding headache on the side of my head- the area of impact. I also felt my GSWs ache a bit, but it was nothing too pressing. Then I was able to open my eyes, and see Peggy and Mr. Jarvis handcuffed to the table.

When I could hear again, I heard them talking. Then I saw them pick up the table and were starting to pick it up.

"One...two..."

"Wait! What if there are people behind this mirror we are breaking?"

"Then they may get hurt. There will be a spray of glass."

"I see."

"One...two..."

"Wait! What if these hypothetical people behind the mirror have guns?"

"Then we may get hurt. There will be a spray of bullets."

"I see."

"One...two...three!"

A loud shattering sound filled my senses and scared me awake fully. I was able to sit up slightly and saw a table next to the now missing in-between mirror, and Peggy and Mr. Jarvis standing next to it.

"No people. Everybody wins," Mr. Jarvis said.

"I've just thought of something."

"We're still attached to a table."

"We are still attached to a table."

"What the hell?" I asked, causing Peggy and Mr. Jarvis to look over at me. The the door to the other half of the room opened and in came Jack. We all looked over at him now.

He stopped in front of them and sighed. "What the hell is going on in here?" he asked.

I groaned as I sat up more. "That is the question of the year," I commented. Jack looked over at me and I could see concern in his expression.

Peggy, on the other hand, did not care. "Where is Chief Dooley?" she asked, getting straight to it.

Jack shrugged. "Maybe in his office?" he offered. "Again: what is going on?"

I managed to get to my feet and got over to the table. "Something is wrong with the Chief. He brought us in here, locked them up to a table-"

"And knocked Miss Jones out by hitting her in the head with a gun," Mr. Jarvis added, cutting me off.

Nodding, I said, "That too." Jack looked so confused and quite concerned. "We need to get out of here and see what's wrong. My money's on the Ivchenko guy."

Jack nodded, and came closer. "First we need to get you guys detached from the table." He got the two detached from the table, and then we started to crawl out through the window.

When it got to me, Jack helped me through and let his hands lingered for a second after I had gotten to the other side. "Are you okay?" he asked quietly. I nodded and gave him a smile.

"Let's go!" Peggy called out. Jack and I got out of our bubble and hurried after Peggy and Mr. Jarvis as they ran down to the Chief's office. When we got there, Jack worked on the locked door, while Peggy called to him. I stepped to the side and looked through the window to see him laying his head down on his desk and wearing something that was glowing.

Panic was rising in the room as Jack pounded the door harder. "Chief Dooley!" Peggy yelled, her voice cracking. Everyone had gotten up from their desks and was standing around, watching this all go down. "Chief!"

I felt relief when I saw him lift up his head and look at us. "You okay?" Jack asked through the door. He stood up fully and I got a clear look of his glowing vest he was wearing. It looked weird and wildly uncomfortable.