16

The next morning everyone was on edge. The atmosphere was unsettling. 

All the servants were to be careful and taste-test everything before given to the royal family. 

Yesterday was indeed very strange. 

I have a feeling this isn't directed towards only me. It was to harm Prince Jungkook as well. I wasn't at ease, even if I have good instincts, I don't know what they have up their sleeves. 

I had a feeling that they had planned it together, yet he still drank the tea.

Of course it was the best solution for him at that point. If he hadn't drank that tea everyone at the table would've blamed him. 

That stupid girl... He's only using her. Does she have no brain? Is she that desperate... I don't know what he promised her, but in the end, it is every man for themselves. 

She panicked as I can tell its her first time doing something like this. She probably was too scared to actually poison me, it takes a lot for an individual to that to another. Princess Anna also basically exposed herself, but she didn't do anything that gave away Prince Junghyun. 

I felt Jungkook's hand over my thigh  as I turn to look at him. His expression seemed worried and stressed. His eyes wandered around my face. 

"Princess Hana, you barely touched your food. Are you feeling alright?" The queen spoke. 

"I am feeling fine my queen, I was just still fazed from yesterday." I smiled gently to her. 

I felt Jungkook's eyes on me and turn back to him. I held his hand gently and smiled. 

"I am alright. Don't worry about me." I looked at his round doe eyes. 

He sighed knowing that I have many things on my mind, but it's not something he can interfere. 

_

After breakfast, Prince Jungkook had to attend a meeting about our wedding and the incident. I was escorted back to our room. 

I blankly stared at the wall engulfed in my own thoughts. This unsettling feeling washed over me again.

My insecurities, fears... 

I begin to question myself and at the same time I had this fear and anxiety slowly growing within my chest.These feelings that I've hidden so well, in the end its crawling back out into the light again.

I felt suffocated. 

I took a heavy breath... 

"Jin." I sighed. 

He walked in.

"yes your highness?" he bowed. 

"Take me to her" I looked straight into his eyes. 

...

He faced me in utter shock. 

"P-princess, you shouldn't get involved-" 

"take me to her." I said firmly again. 

He looked at me with almost pleading eyes. He knows very well he can't change my mind. 

"Princess please-" He sigh dropping his shoulders. 

"I can't..." I closed my eyes. 

My chest felt heavy. Everything that had happen made me doubt myself. I have to get myself back, because right now I am afraid. 

-Afraid that I wouldn't be able to protect him. 

"I- ... I am afraid Jin... " My hands clenching tight as I release a heavy breath.