7

"Princess." Junghyun's eyes widen at the sudden remark. 

"We are in the presence of the king and queen." He added. 

"I apologize for the sudden remark." I smiled. 

Jungkook's smile turned to almost shy as he looked away to his parents. 

"Jungkook..." The queen was taken back. 

I can just see his face brighten up. Just for that second, he stared into his mother's eyes with such look.

Her eyes blinked as she relax her shoulders. 

" a-ah... its n-nothing. Its just.." She paused and looked at him lovingly. 

"its been so long since I see you smile genuinely, my son. " She spoke softly. 

"She must make you very happy." She added. 

He looked over at me then back to his parents with red cheeks.

I chuckled and decided to make this morning not so difficult.

"Father. How have you been?" I asked.

The king smiled as he looked at me surprised that I would even ask.

"I have been good princess." He answered.

"That's good to hear. My father wanted to meet you personally today actually." I said.

"I would be honored. I am excited to finally see your father." He smiled.

"Well. He will be here in the evening. He will be traveling all day. May he rest here until tomorrow morning?" I asked.

" ofcourse he can." He said.

I smiled brightly.

"Thank you father"

After we ate. I decided to have a small time with my mother in-law while jungkook was out with the king. We got up from the dinner table as he turned around. 

"My prince." I softly held his arm. 

He looked at me. 

Just then... I- 

I stopped breathing for a second. Everything around me became a light blur as his grey eyes directly stare into mine. His soft expression covered his dull face before. It made me wonder.... how does he do it? Is it me? why is my heart beating so fast when I had only met him for a couple of days? 

" I want.. to spend time with Mother for a little while. You can go back first. I will meet you later. " I said. 

He nodded understandingly. 

I gave a light smile as we part ways. 

I turn to my Mother in law. 

I slightly bow in front of her. 

"Your Highness, May I have a small chat with you in the garden?" I asked. 

"of course you can." She smiled back. 

____

We walked side by side as we stroll through the palace's garden. With a fresh breeze in the air, birds chirping, and sun shining... it was a perfect day to be out. 

"Isn't a wonderful day today your Highness?" I smiled. 

She took a deep breath and smiled brightly up towards the sun.