Chapter 29

David walked inside the big house with me in his arms, Khaled was nowhere to be seen.

he placed his nose in the crook of my neck and started to trail feather kisses from my jaw down to my neck, I giggled and tried to pull away from him.

"I want to explore the house" I started to move to try to slip from his arms.

"Let's explore the bedroom first, shall we?" he said continuing his assault on my jaw.

"Put me down !" I whined.

"No can do baby"

David made his way towards the stairs situated in the middle of the house, he was about to climb the first step but his phone starts ringing stopping him.

"Fuck" he cursed under his breath sighing.

he took his phone out with one hand, keeping me in place with the other, David checked the ID and let out a train of curses in a foreign language.

I need to learn Italian.

David put me back on my feet "I'm sorry princess, I need to take this"

"It's okay, I will go explore the house" I shrugged but inside can't help but feel sad, they both seem distracted, a lot of phone calls, a lot of talking in a language that I don't understand.

I started to walk around the house, the whole interior design was from wood, it gave the house and cozy warm atmosphere, the kitchen too was the same, I went back to the stairs that David was going to take and climb up.

A long hall greeted me, I spotted a door at the end of the hall and I marched straight to it, I opened the big wooden door and the master bedroom of the house greeted me.

A king-size bed was placed in the center of the room, I walked forward in the room and I heard Khaled's voice.

I turned where the balcony is to find Khaled still speaking on the phone.

I took a stop slowly towards him but the wooden floor creaked making my presence known.

Khaled turned and locked eyes with me.

"Just send anything," Khaled said to what I think his friend from the office "Tomorrow morning Moro I want everything to be here, I got to go now"

He hangs up and entered the room marching straight to me, his hand wrapped around my waist pulling me closer to him.

"Did you like the house baby?" he smiled looking down at me.

"I still didn't see all of it but yes it's beautiful" I smiled looking up at him.

"I'm glad" a smirk crept on his face "I'll go take a quick shower okay ?" He said lowering his head giving me a light kiss on my neck.

I nodded "okay"

"I'll be fast" he pulled away from me taking off his shirt.

My eyes trailed down to his toned chest and abs to his V line, for his age he sure takes care of himself.

I brought my eyes back to find him grinning, he winked at me and made his way to the door in the corner of the room.

I lay in bed with my phone in my hand, scrolling down my Instagram feed, after several minutes I put my phone down and walked to the balcony, I sat there a little in one of the chairs looking at the lake in front of me, what a beautiful view, I can't help but drift back to the thought running in my head, about David and his conversation with his father and I also heard his father said at the end ciao Khaled, I understood that of course, what I didn't understand is how David's father knows Khaled, something is not right, to be honest, I don't have any idea what's going on, the only thing that I can't deny is that gut feeling inside me telling me that something is going on.