Sister - Hoseok

Hoseok's POV

My eyes linger on the petite crying figure at the far end of my bed. I feel pathetic watching her being treated in a way a mother should never treat her daughter.

"Why does she hate me so much!" She cries louder.

It seems like her cries and pleads are only audible to me. It's almost like she doesn't even exist anymore to my mom.

What sin has she committed to be treated like this?

I rise from my bed slowly approaching her to stroke her back assuring that I'm there for her.

Her soft brown locks cascade down her shoulders past her elbow. She turned towards my direction hugging my torso as I pat her hair.

I can't deny that my sister looks beautiful even while crying. Why would someone hate a girl like her? Moreover why would that someone be our own mother?

"Cry all you want. But remember that I'm always here for you," I hold her face wiping away her tears with my thumb as they continue to fall.

This has been happening for the past few months. The more noona tried to mask her emotions, the more they kept ignoring her.

Imagine two siblings in the house where only one of them gets all the love, only that one gets to attend school, allowed to hangout, being treated as a child and even worse, only one being fed while the other is practically treated as a ghost.

I wouldn't wish that even on my worst enemy.

By now you probably might be wondering why haven't I asked my parents or spoke to them about my sister.

You're not wrong.

I did.

Lately, mom and I fight over my sister almost everyday where I try to inquire her about my sister and she tries to avoid that topic which is so oblivious of her.

Noona doesn't even get her own room, oh scratch that, she doesn't even have her own bed. So I allow her to sleep next to me every night.

Just because of this, the happy conversations that used to happen a year ago has completely died. If I ever open my mouth to her, it would only be to argue.

I can't deny that my mom still treats me as her only precious child but seems like she forgot she is not the mother of one child alone.

This has only been happening for the past few months though. That night is still vivid in my mind.

Noona had gone out to hangout with her friends. She promised to be home by 8 that night but I only saw her in my room next to my bed crying the following morning.

She said that parents got really furious that father wouldn't stop cursing her for staying the night out and mother wouldn't stop crying.

I can't believe how they are undeniably strict with noona but nothing like that to me. Being a girl takes its troll I suppose.

Ever since that day, they abruptly stopped acknowledging her presence even when she was right in front of us. And I got scolded every time I mention her.

"Hoseok ah," Noona called out tearing me out of my trance.

"I'm not a burden to you too, am I?" She asks looking up at me with her teary eyes.

My heart softens even more hearing that.

"My dear noona, I love you with all my heart. What makes you think that I might get tired of taking care of you? Please don't think like that, I'm not mom or anyone else," I assure looking straight into her eyes.