Pick

"I sense another demon on the loose. I don't know why they even bother existing when we can just," Quartz made a throat slitting motion, laughing

Amethyst laughed along, a high piercing sound.

Diamond rolled her eyes.

"Lame. Anyway let's go do this."

Quartz glared at her.

Crystal quietly followed the group teleportation.

Now that Jade was gone, it was just the four of them. Amethyst was sure there were other magical girls who had the incredible power of the gems, but only the ones who'd sought each other out had found each other.

Amethyst didn't know why the magical gems had picked her, but she loved the energy of the group. The constant discord between members soothed her soul.

She found their ignorance amusing as well.

The demon was currently living in an alleyway, eating the remains of some dead animal she'd found on the road. Amethyst could tell from her eyes that she knew she couldn't win, but she put up a fight, countering the first waves of magic the group sent at her.

"I haven't hurt anybody, this is roadkill." the demon said.

Certainly her ragged clothing and thin frame suggested that she wasn't hunting humans. Amethyst didn't expect for a moment that Rose Quartz or Red Diamond would stop to consider that.

"Wait." Crystal said.

Ah, but then there was Blue Crystal. She was different from the others.

"What." Quartz said flatly.

Crystal made a gesture, and the demon blocked it again.

"This won't hurt you. Please, if you want to live." Crystal said.

The demon allowed Crystal's next wave of magic to reach her.

A blue aura shone around her, making her skin look greyer and her horns softer.

"Will you kill any humans in the future or wreak havoc?" Crystal asked.

"No."

The glow intensified, then died back down.

"She's telling the truth. We're not killing her." Crystal said firmly.

"It's a demon. You know how demons are. Look sweetie, I'll just take care of this real quick and you can close your delicate little eyes-" Quartz said from between clenched teeth.

Crystal took that opportunity to teleport all of them away, then make another gesture.

"I've hidden her. You won't be able to teleport back to her." Crystal said, biting her lip.

Amethyst knew how even of a match pitting their magic against each other's was. If she was that demon she'd get out of the area right away, it'd give her a chance at least. And she'd write her will.

Amethyst let out a small laugh.

Quartz took that the wrong way and glared daggers at her and Crystal.

"You foolish idiots." Quartz hissed.

"Looks like it's that time again. I've got to be getting home." Amethyst said in a sing song tone, hoping to provoke a reaction out of Quartz.

Quartz sputtered in rage as Amethyst teleported away to a quiet cave with crystals hanging from the ceiling and a still, beautiful pool that shone with the light of crystals in the depths.

Amethyst's floating gems came back to her, and she transformed into an androdynous, humanoid creature with sharp horns, towering wings and red eyes.

A demon.

Neris laughed lightly. There was actually nothing left in their plans for the day except to sleep.

(this art isn't related to the chapter, but idk if there's a better place to put it. It's Neris, Matilda and Leilah)

 It's Neris, Matilda and Leilah)