I Can't Lose You

The night wasn't supposed to turn out like this. I tried my best to pay all my attention to Izzie but it was hard because Nate's text was the only thing on my mind. It was around 11.30 when we had reached Izzie's house and midnight was coming closer which meant that I had to get to the park to meet Nate soon. I brought her all the way to the front porch and she turned around to look at me. "Thank you Newton, I had a lot of fun. Can't remember the last time Nate did something nice for me," She said, ending off with a laugh. I felt guilt sting my heart. I so badly wanted to tell her but I figured it was best if I hear what Nate had to say first. After all, Izzie would definitely not let me go if she found out I was meeting him. I bent down and placed my lips on hers and she pulled me in deeper. She pulled me closer into her body until she was pushed against her door and she had her hands running down my jacket. I was eager to experience whatever was going to happen next but the thought of Nate suddenly came back into my mind. I hesitantly pulled away, leaving Izzie disappointed and I sighed.

"Hey, you okay?" She asked, noticing my clear distressed state. "Yeah... Yeah Iz I just... my mum wants me home soon so..." I muttered, looking down. I could tell that she didn't completely buy it but she simply nodded, not wanting to press further. "Text me later if you're up?" She said, and I nodded with a smile. When she walked into the house, I ran my hands down my face in disappointment. I dragged my feet back to the car and slammed the door harder than I had intended. "Fuck..." I muttered. I was on the brink of having our first time together and fucking Nate had to ruin everything. Just then, I got another text from him.

Unknown: Where are you?
"Chill I'll be there in 10 min."

On the way there, I got a FaceTime call from Izzie and I felt my heart drop again. I wanted to ignore it but I didn't want her to suspect anything. "Hey Newton," She giggled and I nearly choked when I saw Izzie in just her bra and her shorts. "Well, hello there," I said in a deeper voice and she covered her face that was red in embarrassment. "You're still driving? Shouldn't you have already reached home?" She asked. My eyes widened as I desperately tried to think of an excuse. "Oh Elsa wanted me to pick up some stuff from the store," I said. "Hey Newton? I'm sorry if I took things too far just now... you know... just really attracted to you," She nervously laughed. It seriously sucked that this girl thought I didn't continue because of her. "Iz it really wasn't you okay? I just really had to get home before it got too late. I mean look at you... if I had the chance I would be all over you right now," I said. When I got closer to the park I saw Nate sitting down on one of the benches. "Hey I'll see you at school tomorrow okay?" I said, looking at Nate who was staring straight at me. "Alright, get home safe," She said, putting down the call.

I slowly got out of the car. I admit I was quite nervous. Nate didn't scare me one bit but it was definitely creepy that he wanted to meet alone so late at night. "Thank you for coming," He said. "Get to the point," I told him, sitting on the bench. "Alright Casey listen, what I'm about to say I'm only saying it because I have your best interest and heart," He started and I scoffed. "You don't even like me," I said, and he took out his phone. He showed me a picture of a man's head shot. He was wearing an orange prison jumpsuit and for some weird reason, looked very similar to Izzie. "What is this?" I asked. "Looks like Izzie huh?" He said and I looked at him in confusion. "That's her father," He said and I felt my heart drop. Her dad is in prison? I didn't know what to say so Nate just continued the conversation.

"My dad is his lawyer. He got out of prison this morning," He explained. "What did he do?" I asked. "All kinds of things. Drug abuse, robbery... got his ass in jail for 10 years."

I asked the question that I was most concerned about. "So... what does that mean for Izzie?" He looked down for a while. "Gardner look, I'm getting all this from a phone call my dad made that I overhead," He said, turning his body to face me.