The Wounds on You

"It's not that hard to understand babe. Each carbon atom has four bonds. Just remember that," Izzie said, pointing at the question in front of us. "Well how does that even happen?" I asked and she sighed. "It's what Jarvis said. Just follow that and you'll be fine," She said, starting to write on the paper.

"Ugh... I seriously can never match up to the Clayton brains. Remind me why I decided to transfer again," I groaned, lying back down on the bed. "Because you're a little creep who stalked me for hours and changed your entire life just to be in the same school as me?" She giggled, dragging me to sit back up. "Now come on! The test is tomorrow and you gotta at least try," She said, putting the paper back in front of us.

"Yes, yes I know carbon atom... 3 bonds... something about hydrogen... I'm ready for the test, let's make out now," I said, pulling her towards me to give her a kiss. "It's 4 bonds! And if I'm gonna be such a huge distraction then I'll just go," She said and I gasped.

"Why do you enjoy bullying me?" I asked pulling her back until she was sitting on my lap. "What else do I live for?" She asked and we both giggled before she finally put her lips on mine.

"If you love me you'll try to focus," She told me and I rolled my eyes. "You can't pull that on me!" I exclaimed and she got off my lap. "UCLA scholarship also requires you to have some form of good grades," She reminded me.

"I hate you."

"I know."

"Come back here," I said reaching my hands out and she slapped them away. "I'm leaving," She said and I immediately got off the bed. "Alright alright! I'll focus," I finally said. I walked back to the table but not before stealing a kiss from her.

"I love you," I whispered and she smiled.

"I love you too."

Present...

"What's on your mind kid?" Mr Stewart asked me when he noticed I was staring into space. "Izzie and I were studying for a Chemistry test a few months ago. The first ever test that I did well on," I replied and he smiled. "Yeah she's always been a genius," He said to himself.

"She really deserves the world."

He looked at me for a while, as if deep in thought. "What are you two planning to do after Clayton?" He asked. "UCLA scholarship hopefully. If we can make it back for regionals. But that's seriously the last thing on my mind."

"UCLA is a huge deal. You two should be really proud of yourselves."

"Oh God I'm in trouble," I said, looking at my phone screen to see the spam of messages.

Coach Crowley: Do you realise how irresponsible the two of you are being leaving for a little romantic rendezvous right before regionals?

Coach Crowley: You two can say goodbye to your scholarship for sure. I better see you guys at training tomorrow if not you're both off the team

I didn't care at all.

Elsa: You haven't messaged at all I'm worried sick

"We're just hanging out at the hotel we're fine."

Sharice: How's everything girlie? Miss you x

"We're having lots of fun. Missing you too"

Quinn: I'M SORRY I KINDA ACCIDENTALLY EXPOSED YOUR TRIP TO CROWLEY

Tanya: She MAD MAD

Penelope: QUINN YOU IDIOT

"Don't worry about it guys. We got it covered!"

I sighed before switching off my phone. "Hey you should get some sleep. We'll be at GMF in the morning," Mr Stewart said, pulling over at a 711. My heart ached when I noticed the slurpee machines inside the shop.