He Did It Because of You

When she arrived at my door, I grabbed her and pulled her close to me, closing my eyes and l rested my head in the cook of her neck. "Newton what happened?" She pulled away and asked me seriously. I immediately shut the door and brought her to the couch. "Izzie... when I tell you this you HAVE to believe me. It's going to sound crazy but you have to just trust me," I told her and she nodded slowly.

"Casey... why didn't you tell me this before..." She whispered as I bent my head down, controlling my tears. "I don't know it just... was so scary to me... and I didn't wanna believe it myself..." I mumbled and she ran her fingers through my hair. "I was so fucking scared he would do something to you... I just had to get you out of your house as soon as possible," I said, moving closer to her. "And that day when you overslept... I was freaking out because I thought something happened to you..."

"Alright... alright Case... I don't really know what to say because it's so hard to comprehend," She said and I nodded. I don't expect her to say anything. This must be more traumatising for her than for me. "Why didn't you tell the police?" She asked and my eyes widened. "Izzie I can't. If he finds out... what if he does something to me..."

"Is he at home?" I asked and she shook her head no. "I assumed he was still at work."

"No, he said he was going to meet a client. Which we now know is William. Who's now dead."

"Izzie I really don't know what to do," I cried and she brought me closer to her. "Maybe we should investigate this on our own?" She suggested and I looked up at her. "That is so risky," I replied and she laughed lifelessly. "It is. But I don't think I can sleep at night without knowing the full truth," She said. "Ok... even if we find out it's him... then what?" I asked and she remained silent for a while. "We could build that fort again. Stay in there forever," She whispered, giggling and I couldn't help but smile. She always can make me feel better... no matter the circumstances.

"Newton... you said he left the office right?" She asked and I nodded. "Shall we head over there? Maybe we can find something," She said and I sat upright. "It'll be an adventure," She said, holding my hands. "Iz... why not I go myself and you just stay here?" I asked. I was scared as hell to bring her honestly. It was already midnight and who knows what we would find. "It's called Casey Gardner and Izzie Stewart going together to have an adventure. Not Casey Gardner going all by herself to get her ass killed," She said, kissing me on the lips. "Fine... let's go have an adventure."

"It's a long ride from your place," Izzie said while I was driving. We were wearing our Clayton jackets because it was a dark blue colour and we didn't want to be spotted. "Yeah... that's why I always reach home so late," I told her. When we reached the building, I got reminded again of the first time I came here to talk to Mr Stewart. "It's locked," Izzie said, trying to open the front door. I took out the lock key that Mr Stewart had given to me on the first day and smirked. I placed it on the key and a loud beep was heard. Izzie and I closed our eyes and silently cursed the key because we were scared of people hearing. "No one would be here right?" Izzie asked and I shook my head no. "Nah. It's already midnight. And according to the logbook, no one works the night shift on Monday nights. Izzie and I turned on the torchlight on our phones. We didn't want to turn on the lights because a main switch turned on all the lights and people from outside would see. I took her hand as I led her to Mr Stewart's office. I closed the door behind us and Izzie took her time to take in everything. "So this is where he was the entire time I was a kid?" She asked me. "Apparently he travelled a lot..." I mumbled. "Is that me?" She asked, walking towards his table to pick up the photo frames. "You've always been adorable babe," I said and she laughed as she picked up the baby photo.

"Alright there is so much we can look at here. I gotta show you the confidential file first though. Maybe we can get more clues about the money laundering thing from his financial file and stuff," I said, going to his shelves. There was no reply from Izzie.