Demon Slayers

A few hours later..

"Hey Lady Tamayo, can I go back home now?"

"I.. yes."

It seems like she didn't want me to go home. Does she really like me that much-?

"What's wrong, Lady Tamayo?" I asked.

"I.. want to warn you about something."

"What?"

"Last night.. a demon visited your house.. and unfortunately, it was the most powerful demon there is."

Suddenly, I felt this uncontrollable fear swirling inside me. I knew what this meant.. but I didn't want to believe it. I didn't want to imagine the image playing in my head was the actual reality.
That's crazy.

"Do you want to see what happened?"

When I heard that.. I felt like my heart almost stopped. I still have that small hope that they're still alive and well, wondering where I am. But, because of that hope.. made the misery I felt so, so much worse.

"Yes.. I do want to see."

'Looks like I was absolutely correct.' Was the last words I thought before falling to my knees.
I guess this is how life goes.

Whenever something good happens to me, something terrible just happens right after. If only I had been a normal boy.. then maybe this would've never even happened.
I bet they had wished I was normal sometimes. I bet they wish that I wasn't born the way I was.
Not only that.. they'll never know I got cured.. and I didn't even get to see them at their last moments. I wasn't even at home, they were probably still worried for me.

I could be dead right now for all they know.

...

For some reason, I got some kind of nostalgia.
I don't get it.
Since when have my family died before this?
You can only have one family, right?

Then why?

Author POV:

For the rest of the week Rui stayed with Lady Tamayo and Yushiro. They decided to keep him in until they found somewhere else. Though, Yushiro was not very happy about this, he still accepted it because Lady Tamayo said so.
(And maybe he felt a little bad for Rui)

Back to Rui POV:

It's been a week since... that.
But, I still haven't gathered the confidence to ask her more about these 'demons.'
I want to know more about them, but I don't want to offend her. She is a demon, too. Also, if I say something offensive, Yushiro will bop me on the head.

But today, I asked her.

"Can you tell me more about demons?" I asked.

"Um, well yes I can. Why?" She asked
"I'm just very curious.. I don't know much about these demons, like, are they even human? Are they a new type of animal?"

"Well, they used to be human. They all were once humans who got turned into a demon by one guy. There's only one guy in this world known that can turn humans into demons."

"Only one guy? There must not be a lot of demons then."

"There is. He is the most powerful demon of all of them. All the demons (except me and Yushiro) think of him as god, maybe even a savior. He's also the one.. who killed your parents."

"What? Really? I.. don't believe it. If he's really that strong, then.. did he get the neighborhood kids too?"

"Yes."

"Oh.. but.. then how do not more people know about this? Shouldn't we all just hide in our houses and never go outside?"

"Because there's some people known as 'Demon Slayers.'