Chapter 4

With the sudden arrival of Thor it allowed the Wakandans to regain their advantage against the Outriders.

Stiles saw Bucky pick up the Raccoon, both shooting at the Outriders.

The Outrider drop ships suddenly released a force of Threshers. Burrowing underneath the Wakandan barrier, the Threshers wreaked havoc across the Wakandan army, forcing T'Challa to order a retreat.

Observing from Shuri's lab, Wanda realized that their allies were outmatched once again. Abandoning her post in the lab to assist on the battlefield, Wanda used her powers to stop and disable a wave of Threshers, rescuing Nat and Allison. Spotting an approaching force of Outriders, Wanda threw the Threshers into the Outriders, crushing them instantly.

The entire battle and the Thresher reinforcements were merely a diversion to draw out Wanda, leaving Vision unguarded. Once informed that Wanda was on the battlefield, they launched there attack on Shuri's lab. Despite Lydia and Shuri's attempts to hold them off, they were quickly incapacitated. Vision although very weak, furiously tackled one of them, both falling out into the surrounding forests near the battlefield.

Realizing that Vision was compromised, Falcon notified the Avengers before being downed by an Outrider, with Bruce, Stiles and Wanda moving to assist Vision. However, Wanda was ambushed and nearly killed but was rescued by Nat and Allison, who engaged in a lengthy battle. Midnight began to gain the upper hand, preparing to kill Nat. Derek, however, managed to grab Midnight and throw her into the path of a passing Thresher overhead, gruesomely shredding and killing Midnight.

Thor pursues the fleeing drop ships with the remaining members of the Black Order defeated, the Outriders were routed, fleeing back to their drop ships in a desperate attempt to escape. However, Thor and the Wakandan air force gave pursuit, destroying the drop ships one by one as they attempted to flee to space.

With the Outriders utterly defeated, Both Bruce and Stiles were fighting, trying to hold them off  so Wanda could get to Vision. 

However, Thanos was coming for the Stone himself. As unnatural winds began to blow, signaling Thanos' arrival, Steve sensed the incoming threat and ordered the other Avengers to get into position to assist. Suddenly, a portal opened, and Thanos himself stepped through it. 

With the Power, Space, Reality, Soul and Time Stones mounted on the Infinity Gauntlet, Thanos stared at the Mind Stone, his final objective, and at the hostiles that stood between him and his goal. As Bruce realized and confirmed his identity, Thanos began slowly advancing towards Vision.

Steve rallied the Avengers to hold Thanos off for as long as they could. Bruce made the first strike, leaping furiously at Thanos, only for him to casually phase Bruce out of space using the Space Stone. As Thanos blasted Steve and Stiles aside with a shockwave from the Power Stone, Black Panther leaped for Thanos' throat. However, Thanos merely grabbed T'Challa in mid-air by the throat before brutally punching him into the ground, sending a kinetic shock wave from his suit which Thanos likewise ignored. Falcon attempted to provide air support, only to be incapacitated and grounded by the Space Stone.

Knowing that the Avengers were no match for Thanos, Vision pleaded with Wanda to destroy the Mind Stone, but she refused. Vision desperately insisted and reasoned with her, stressing that they had run out of time and that destroying the Mind Stone immediately was the only way to thwart Thanos' plans. As Vision reassured her that he would feel no pain from its destruction, Wanda reluctantly complied and began pooling her energy directly into the stone. As Wanda began the process of destroying the Stone, Thanos continued to steadily advance, defeating the Avengers one by one.

Using the Space Stone to deflect War Machine's shots, Thanos simply crushed Rhodes' armor telekinetically, flinging him aside. Bucky arrived firing at Thanos, who simply blasted him aside with the Power Stone. Nat and Allison moved to replace Bucky, with the latter throwing a Vibranium Spear at Thanos' head, but he just  basted the spear and Allison aside with the Power Stone. Thanos used the Reality Stone to trap Nat in a cage of rock before she could react. Groot attempted to restrain Thanos using his vines, which Thanos easily broke.

Wanda continued to pool energy into the Stone, Thanos was engaged once again by Stiles and Scott who had managed to break away from the battle field, they managed to briefly stall Thanos. Despite managing to briefly hold back the Infinity Gauntlet, Stiles and Scott were finally down, leaving only Wanda to defend Vision. Desperately, Wanda held Thanos back with a beam of energy to stall him further, who continued to slowly advance while blocking the beam with the Space Stone. However, he was too late, Wanda managed to destabilize the Stone's structure and finally destroyed it, along with Vision.

Heartbroken, Thanos comforted Wanda, sympathizing with her pain at having to sacrifice what she loved most, having previously sacrificed Gamora for the Soul Stone. Wanda bitterly hit back, claiming he knew nothing of her pain, to which Thanos replied that he had lost more than she could ever know. However, noting that there was no time to mourn, Thanos activated the Time Stone, using its powers to reverse Vision's destruction, restoring the Mind Stone and stopping Wanda's actions, before she could stop him, Thanos easily knocked her aside, taking Vision by the throat and ripping the Mind Stone from his head, killing him a second time, throwing his lifeless body aside.

Thanos inserted the Stone into the Gauntlet. As the Stones' combined energies flowed through his body, Thanos admired the Gauntlet, having finally completed his quest.

However, before he could activate it, he was immediately attacked by a vengeful Thor, in a last-ditch attempt to stop him and avenge Loki, Heimdall, and everyone else Thanos had killed, throwing him to the ground with a powerful lightning blast. Regaining his footing, Thanos unleashed an energy blast on Thor, who powered Stormbreaker with all his electrical power and then hurled it with all his might at Thanos. The power of the fully enchanted axe quickly overwhelmed the beam, and Thanos could do nothing to stop Stormbreaker from burying itself deep in his chest.

Landing in front of the severely injured Thanos, Thor proceeded to vengefully gloat to Thanos, reminding him of his promise to kill him while forcing Stormbreaker deeper into his chest, causing him further pain and injury. However, despite being grievously wounded and in severe pain, Thanos taunted Thor.

"Should have gone for the head." 

Thor, realizing his mistake too late, could do nothing but yell in horror as Thanos mustered the strength to simply snap his fingers anyway. The Gauntlet was activated in a blinding flash of energy, and Thanos' goal of killing half of all life in the Universe was finally achieved

Thanos teleported away with the Space Stone, leaving Thor only to be confused as his bloody weapon fell to the ground.