6||Seismic Activities

Mark is trying to work up the courage to ask Amber out on a date

as such he gives himself a pep talk

"Come on Grayson, you can do this! You're a Catch! You're great! You're--"

Mark is in the mountain range fighting a Villain with an earthquake Quirk....

an "Earth-Quirk" if you will...

we join our Hero as the Villain activates his Quirk unleashing a wave of Kinetic energy Knocking Mark through a rock

"You thought you could stand up against me? You're facing Doc Seismic, Kid... I haven't even HEARD of you."

"Really?" Mark mumbles as he recovers from the attack "Cause I've been in the news quite a few times."

"The News?" Doc Seismic questions "The news are just a bunch of paranoia pushing Leeches who would villainize their own parents for a scoop."

"well that's certainly a Hot take...." Mark responds under his breath. "Anyway, The name's--"

Before Mark can finish his introduction Doc Seismic slams his bracelets together creating another wave

this wave destabilizes the ground beneath them creating an enormous Fracture.

Mark plummets downward being discombobulated by Seismics attack

suddenly he's caught in a cube of pink transparent energy

Atom Eve flies in

"Thanks for that." Mark says as he recovers

"No problem." Eve responds. "What's this guys deal?"

"He calls himself Doc Seismic." Mark explains. "His Quirk allows him to create tremors by slamming his bracelets together, apparently he fought Pixie pop once."

"So he held his own against the wild, wild, pussy cats?" Eve asks

"No." Mark answers. "Just Pixie pop.... and apparently she beat him.... easily..."

"Oh so he's a blowhard." Eve jokes

"Essentially..." Mark says completely recovering and blasting forward

the Two heroes team up to fight off this villain.

this conflict ends when Doc Seismic creates another Fracture, one deep enough to reach Lava.

Doc Seismic slips and grabs onto the rocky ledge

"I really should have invested in a jetpack." he mutters before the ledge gives and he falls toward his death.

Mark flies down in an attempt to save him but is stopped as he creates a kinetic wave blasting him back

"I refuse to be taken in by some Wannabe D-Lister!" he screams as he's enveloped in erupting Lava.

Trying to outpace the eruption Mark flies up as Eve charges him grabbing him and creating a barrier around the two.

the eruption subsides as Eve disperses her shield

"I'm pretty sure this isn't good." Eve says looking into the fiery void.

the Lava boils and bubbles, ready to erupt again

without thinking Mark flies back down too fast for eve to stop him.

Determined to save anything nearby he grabs one of the walls and begins pulling

using all his strength Mark Grayson begins to pull tectonic plates back together.

as he does the Lava rises and while it doesn't Harm him it still stings and is burning away at his boots

Eve flies down using her powers to try and help

Mark's biceps push his spandex to their limit as he pulls.

eventually Mark manages to pull the fracture close immedietly falling on his back exhausted

"Do I still have arms?" Mark asks exasperated. "Because I don't feel like I have arms anymore."

"You still have arms." eve answers helping Mark up.

"Not gonna lie that was pretty metal what you did right there."

"You mean almost dislocating my shoulders pulling pieces of the planet back together?" Mark shrugs. "It was no biggie."

he winces in pain grabbing his shoulder

"Okay... change "Almost" to "most definitely Dislocated my shoulder"..."

an awkward silence ensues

"So um.... guess he's toast." Eve comments.

"Wait, do my jokes sound that bad too?" Mark inquires jokingly

"Kinda." Eve laughs.

another awkward silence ensues

"So..." Mark initiates. "How are things with Rexplode?"

"We broke up." Eve says, anger in her voice.

"Why?" Mark jokes "He REXPLODE too early?"

"He cheated on me.. with Dupli-Kate." Eve responds.

"Oh shit." Mark mutters to himself now feeling exactly LIKE shit.

"Wanna go get something to eat? I'm starving." Eve says trying to change the subject.

that's when Mark realizes something

"Rain check on that!" Mark says beginning to levitate. "I kind of have a study date with Amber today, I REALLY want to impress her so I can't be late, I only really came here because it was on my way and--"

"Yeah just go." Eve says rubbing her arm.

"Thanks Eve, You're a good friend." Mark says blasting off.

Later Mark and Amber have a lovely study date.

they studied, talked about their interests, and at the end they ALMOST kissed

(I'm gonna try and combine Comic and TV amber giving her an actual personality besides "MC's Girlfriend" but not making her some self-important jerkwad who overestimates her contributions to society)