13||Savior

Mark awakes in a hospital bed, tubes and machines connected to his body.

his mother embraces him as he regains awareness of his surroundings

"H-How long was I out..." he groans.

"Six days." his mother responds.

"SIX DAYS?!" Mark shoots up. "I was supposed to, um... AMBER!"

"It's okay." a voice calls entering the room. "I covered for you. Told her you got hit by a bus."

It's Eve.

"Which from the looks of you isn't far off."

"WAIT!" Mark exclaims. "Machine head! what happened?!"

"The news says he's in custody." Eve answers

"Simply associating with that many known Villains is enough for at least a few months. On top of that a few witnesses came out to testify so currently he's looking at 20 years at best."

Mark is please by this but then realizes something

"MY SECRET IDENTIT--"

His mother puts her hand on his reassuringly

"Nobody seems to know you're Invincible." she says

"The weirdest part is the media seems to have completely glossed over your appearance there. As far as anyone outside this room knows you WERE hit by a bus." Eve adds.

"There's..." Eve pauses. "Something else happened while you were out."

Mark's mother turns on the Television as they re-air last nights news segment

"All Might retires"

Mark watches the news broadcast of all might's final fight

as Mark contemplates the information a shrouded figure watches from outside the door before walking away.

"If I had only not let Battle beast beat me I could have helped..." Mark thinks to himself after being released from the hospital.

"You need to look both ways before you cross the street." William comments.

"Did you skip kindergarten the day they taught that?"

Mark regains focus on his conversation as he responds.

"I guess so." he chuckles.

"Hey, we haven't hung out in a while, just the two of us I mean. We should--" Mark continues before being cut off.

"Because SOMEONE'S the king of excuses." William cuts.

"Well how about next month, You're visiting that guy "Rick" right?" Mark asks.

"You make it sound like I'm obsessed." William laughs. "Anyway he's at UM, I'm going for a tour next month, Staying over... They have a very handsome pre-med program."

"Anyway." Mark continues. "Can I come? and I want to bring amber."

"Hold on--" William stops.

"Please." Mark pleads. "I need this."

William sighs.

"Fine..."

That evening Mark is walking home as a news broadcast catches his eye