Chapter 28: You're safe, that's what matters

Beomgyu could feel warm tears fill his eyelids. His heart was pounding as he saw nothing but darkness, heard nothing but the panicked murmurs and screams that he —all his heart— hoped that it wasn't Taehyun's.

He could hear the beating of his heart from his ears, horrid memories of his past came into tidbits as he stood frozen in place. Everyone was on the floor, soaked in their own blood baths, leaving Beomgyu the last one standing.

Then an image of his dorm mate flashed directly through his brain. His gorgouse eyes were dilated, his lips were pale as he was soaked in his own bloodbath.

He shivered at the image, as he hurriedly ran to where he last spotted Taehyun.

No.

No, No, NO!

"Taehyun-ah! Where are you?!" Beomgyu shouted, pushing bodies of panicked individuals out of his way.

He couldn't care less if people were thinking of him as a lunatic with all his shouting.

'Please answer me Taehyun-ah! Please, answer hyung!'

Each time Beomgyu ran and pushed, the dread inside him was slowly eating his body. The cold and numb feeling made it harder to breath as his heart pounded harder in seconds.

He felt sick.

Then the lights were back.

A sign that the killer had did his kill.

'No, no please. Don't let him die...'

Beomgyu craned his head around the sea of people, their figures moved slow yet fast. His tears were slowly rolling down his cheeks, his breathing shallows as he was slowly slipping into a breakdown.

His morals were clouded, his brain couldn't think. His knees felt weak and his heart felt heavy as he let a tear roll down his cheeks.

'Taehyun.'

"Beomgyu-hyung!"

That voice,

That sweet, soft voice Beomgyu would always hear everyday.

Beomgyu quickly got into his feet, his heart still pounding with anxiousness.

'Taehyun?'

"BEOMGYU-HYUNG!"

A few meters away Beomgyu saw a blob of blonde hair dodging people towards his direction.

The same shade of blonde that Taehyun had.

But the brunette wasn't going to let out a sigh of relief, not until he sees him in his very own eyes that it is, Taehyun.

The older male quickly shoved and dodged through the sea of people. Eyes glued to the blonde blob of hair that he was running towards to, stumbling at the last step. Beomgyu could feel his eyelids water as he saw a confused yet frightened Taehyun looking around.

+×+

To say that Taehyun was cursing himself was totally an understatement. He was despising every fiber of his brain and his un-dying curiousity for leaving his Beomgyu-hyung's side. Especially when the color wheel stopped at his color.

Looking around, Taehyun could see nothing than black suits and colorful dresses smooched all together. He was really lucky that he was still alive (guess luck was really on his side today). Gulping a lump down his throat, Taehyun averted his eyes to a specific direction.

And then he met them.

Those brown, ethereal eyes that were staring at him with so much worry and relief.