Chapter 73: A (Not so) Simple Conversation

There was a tension surrounding Beomgyu and Taehyun, and the first to notice was Kai.

And said tension was not the kind Hyuka wanted them to have, especially not them avoiding each other whenever they had the chance. Well it was more likely Beomgyu doing the avoiding, Taehyun on the other hand must've thought of it as a coping mechanism of sorts and decided to give his roommate space by avoiding him as well.

At some point Kai is confused by his Beomgyu-hyung's actions from the past few days. Especially the avoidance, and for one Kai knows the older male never leaves Taehyun's side; they were pretty much attached to the hip.

'Seriously what is happening?' Hyuka says internally.

This suddenly started right after their field trip, and it's been going on for days.

'Did something happen at Busan?' Kai wonders, because as he recalls there was nothing unforeseen that happened during at that time.

Sighing, Kai continues to climb the stairs, he was going to the rooftop to atleast get a breather. Beomgyu was nowhere to be found, and so was Taehyun. Hopefully, the two of them decided to talk it out and reconcile so it wouldn't be too awkward if ever.

As he opens the door to the rooftop area, a breeze hits his face making his hair get pushed back showing his forehead. The rooftop area was large and empty, however Kai spotted a figure leaning against the railings, a familiar female with brown hair.

Kai takes a few steps fowards right after closing the door, it was quite unusual seeing her here. But at the same time he was glad that he did.

Said student seems to notice his presence as she looks over her shoulder, eyes meeting Hyuka's. They stared for over tem seconds maximum before Kai spoke up.

"You skipped class?" he asked, stopping beside her, arms rested on the railings.

Moh-wa shakes her head, "Free period," she looks at Kai accusingly. "Did you?"

"We got dismissed early," Kai groans, stretching his arms up high. He lets out a huff right after, arms down as he takes in the view of the football field.

"There's something going on with Beomgyu-hyung and Taehyunie," Kai began, eyes not looking at Moh-wa. "There avoiding each other, well more specifically Beomgyu's avoiding Taehyun and Tyun's making it worst by lettimg him do it."

"Never took Beom as the avoidant type," Moh-wa says, she frowns at the sky, pursing her lips. "Never took Tae for a tolerant either."

"No they aren't which makes it confusing," Kai ruffles his hair in frustration. "Did somwthing happen at Busan that we didn't know about?"

Moh-wa shrugs, "Well whatever it is, it must be serious for Beomgyu to do the avoiding. That guy never avoids Taehyun."

Kai hums, "Yeah," and then there was silence, the two friends stayed quiet, the wind playing around with their hair.

"I don't like this." Moh-wa snaps her gaze at Kai who said those words, he had a frown on his face, eyes glancing down at the football field.

"It feels like something's slipping away," Kai mutters, voice low and Moh-wa can see his hands forming into fists. She looks at the latter, in terms of reassurance and assurance Moh-wa has no skill in both.

"If someone wants to let it slip then they'd do it intentionally," she says, earning a look from Kai. "But sometimes, there are people who take awhile to come into terms with a certain feeling. Either they're not used to it, or they've never experienced it before."